29| Mister Doctor

Kiersten|

Sunset,
I've waited for you all day,
My love.
So come quick,
I'm ready for you always,
My love.

Just You by Amy Stroup started playing.

"Aw chickity gumdrop!" I whimpered. My eyes opened sensitively to the daylight as I reached over to shut the alarm that was blasting, off. As I picked up my phone, a reminder popped up on the bright screen.

[ 6:00 am ] Reminder:
Wakey Wakey Monkey! You have all your check ups today, be sure to kick Cadwell's butt out of your room before I do it!

I take it Kennedy set the alarm last night so I wouldn't forget anything.

Waking up with someone next to me was one of the best feelings. Even though I usually opened my eyes to see no other than Kennedy's marble room and her beside me, I didn't mind waking up in my own room with a view of Skylar instead. Last night had been one of the rare evenings where I had not encountered a nightmare about the car crash. It was hard, always replaying the image of water seeping in through the opened door that Uncle Reese escaped from. There was nothing more terrifying to me then feeling like your life was about to end and not being able to scream or cry for help due to the excruciating pain in your throat and head. Once in a while, I'd hold myself and the injuries that still impact me today.

Her smooth and artistic marked arms held me tightly as I felt Skylar's warm breath against my neck. She was such a deep sleeper and I had a hard time contemplating if I should wake her up to send her home or let her sleep in. I'm pretty sure if I got ready quickly and hid her behind the millions of pillows around my bed, Kennedy wouldn't notice she was present at first glance. My parents on the other hand were oblivious to the fact that I no longer have to sleep in my older sister's room and therefore they'd check her room instead of mine. Pretty much, Skylar would be perfectly fine here until her alarm goes off and she gets ready for school.

Speedily doing my morning routine consisting of showering, brushing my teeth, changing my clothes, and cleansing my face, I then wrote a letter to the light haired brunette. Even though my used to be pretty handwriting was now disgustingly ugly, it made me happy that I could put words together much better on paper than though vocals.

Good morning Sleeping Beauty!
I forgot to tell you yesterday that I will not be going to school because of a few doctor appointments I have. They are going to take up pretty much the whole day. Have fun at school though and tell Shantel I say hi! Everyone will be out of the house by the time you wake up, but I will have my chef cook you breakfast and you can wear whatever you find in my room. - Kit Kat

I never noticed the contact name she had for me on her cell phone until last night when I saw her scrolling through some texts. For some odd reason, I could remember the first day when she called me it because she kept forgetting my real name or when she'd remember, the pronunciation came out wrong. Wow, I sill can't believe how mean she was to me a few months ago... And now look, she's in my bed sleeping with the cutest light smile on her face. Hmmm, I wonder what she's dreaming about?

There were several knocks on my door. "You awake in there?" Kenny's voice echoed before I heard her twist the handle in front of her. Thinking fast, I messed up my blankets and threw all of the pillows that were on the floor onto Skylar. She groaned in her sleep as my door swung opened, making me chuckle in admiration. My sister looked like she rode the polar express outdoors one too many times. Her hair was a train wreck and the make up she had on last night was all smudged. She was clearly a bit intoxicated, still hung over from the night before. "Mom and Dad are waiting for ya downstairs."