6| Communication

Skylar|

Oh fuck, she's looking at me again. I quickly put on my shades as I turned to face the other direction, anywhere but towards her. It was our lunch break and I sat at my usual spot on the lawn, under a tree, smoking a cigarette while Angeles' younger sister sat with the cheer squad. We haven't interacted at all in the last 2 weeks. After the whole awkward gym encounter, I couldn't bring myself to talk to her. I just didn't know what I was supposed to say since I'm shitty at feelings. Not that I felt anything towards her, but more about what happened to her. Apart of me really wanted to know, yet I was respectful enough to a degree that would keep me from asking.

I wish Shantel was here today so I didn't have to sit here all fucking alone, looking pathetic. The gorgeous model was out with an 'excused absence' for a fashion show down at Beverly Hills. Isn't that insane? Like fuck, she gets special treatment while I still get lectures for taking too long to bring back hallway passes, leading to my nimrod classmates having to hold their piss. I was quite taken aback by how much I get monitored a day. Why couldn't I just be a young soul without conflicts that would block me from doing whatever the fuck I wanted?

Feeling the nicotine traveling through my veins, I took another puff as I listened to some songs by old artists. Amy Winehouse was playing, and I never felt more relaxed on a shitty school day. I mean, I could go and sit with my other fellow troublemakers or current flirts I had going on, but I wasn't feeling it today. Of course some asshole had to interrupt my thoughts. I felt light taps on my shoulder, not even getting to relax for a min.

"What the actual fuck!" I complained as I took out my headphones and turned to face this dick.

She was petrified. A little gasp was let out of her perfectly glossed lips as she took a few steps back. Holy shit, I kept screwing things up every time it came to her and I really didn't understand why I cared. Quickly, I threw my cigarette onto the floor and started to stomp it out. You don't know how much it hurt me as my foot pressed on a fairly good bogie. "Shit... Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, Kit-Kat" I stumbled. "Need help with anything?"

Oh my fucking god. Why would I ask that? Why would I automatically assume that she needs help with something. I'm really bugging right now, I'm about to shut my fucking mouth at this point. Probably looking super bipolar to her with all my mood swings.

I watched as she came a little closer, taking a seat beside me. She pulled a small notepad out of her expensive looking purse and began writing some words on it. I noticed that her right hand shook a bit as she wrote pretty slowly. Her handwriting was still extremely neat, the letters thin and placed in between the line spacing which gave off a computerized effect. She was wearing a sleeveless white blouse that was almost see through, showing off a lacy black bra underneath, along with blue denim short shorts and white Nikes. Her hair was parted unevenly, the right side had more which covered half of her face unless she'd put it behind her ears.

When I saw her stop writing, I began reading her notepad that she handed over to me.

Throat hurts a bit today and I'm not allowed to talk for a couple of hours. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think you're a terrible person.

This was probably the most I had ever gotten out of her other than a few words a few weeks ago and I couldn't help but smile. Looking up at her eyes, already they started to change slightly as they focused back on me. Her iris was almost gray with hints of green. They were so enchanting and vibrant, I felt hypnotized. "How do your eyes do that weird ass color changing thing?" I blurted out.

Before I could forgive my words, there was something different about Kiersten today. She didn't freak out about the way I expressed my amusement and choice of words. She took back her notepad and let out a flattering giggle, then writing...