10| The Accident

Skylar|

Kiersten's room had been nothing like the way I had pictured in my head. As my brown orbs circled around the pastel pink, almost princess like spacing, it was nearly impossible to focus on one thing. Her floors were made out of Carrera Venato white marble that was reflecting light from the huge chandelier hanging above and creating brightness. There was a bunch of Taylor Swift posters, even one with her autograph, drawings of Kiersten's, and an etched pattern on her wall. I would say it was fucking heavenly, just not my style at all. My room back at home was on the darker side with stone hearth colored walls, white pillows, black decor pillows, and a few of my favorite artists' work hanging. Overall, her bedroom was definitely a lot larger than mine in comparison.

As she was grabbing snacks under her bed, I was looking at her musical instruments, then glancing at all of her sport awards she had laid out on a shelf. There were many camp lanyards from well known colleges like Rutgers, Penn State, Princeton, and NYU. I began to read descriptions of her trophies and certificates as well as view her many photos.

"Voted Gatorade Award Most Valuable Player hosted by Rutgers University"
"Freshman Allstar at Seward Park Tournament"
"Louisa Wingate Underhill Public School Athletic League Award for outstanding achievements in athletics"
Etc.

Kiersten looked so serious in all of the pictures, I had almost forgotten she was athletic. It looked to me like she had been coached by these universities, earning loads of awards from her previous school in New York and making an impact on the North East. Not only that, but apparently she used to play basketball based on some of the pictures I was examining. Oh god, I fucking love athletic girls... This made me even more attracted to the shorter brunette.

Wait, hold up. North East and New York? What the fuck? That was nearly 3000 miles away.

"I used to l...live there..." I heard a soft voice. "Before the a- accident" she sighed while popping in an animal cracker. She was so adorable, one of her cheeks puffed up from the snack.

I was growing so impatient from not knowing what accident she was talking about, but I managed to keep myself from acting upon it. "Oh, that's where you've been huh?"

"Yeah" Kiersten replied with her head hanging low in cheerlessness. I knew she was going through a lot and it made me feel like a bitch for throwing an attitude at her today. That guy was just fucking pissing me off because he had his hand on her and I don't know, I didn't like it. Never happened where I'd feel uncomfortable over a girl, but I did this time. "You w- want to know. D- don't you?" She asked, painfully swallowing the cracker that was in her mouth.

"You can trust me" I assured. "Out of everyone out there, I wouldn't judge you of all people."

Walking over to lean against her neat bed along side her, I watched as she pulled out her phone. I thought she was going to type in the explanation, however she showed me an article that was previously saved in her camera roll. "Here" she replied along with a nervous glance. As she handed me her phone, I was captivated by her beautiful freckles. They reminded me of stars that lit up the darkness; reminding me that we were all made up of tiny specks and colors. Yet, somehow she had the capability to light up my shaded world. Sending her a toothless smile because she trusted me, I began to read.

 Sending her a toothless smile because she trusted me, I began to read