About The Author| Melody Grace

Note:

First off, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of my readers. Not only is this a story, but it was based off of true events and a special girl. We were from total opposite cliques, I was actually kind of a preppy jock, captain of the volleyball team and player on the basketball team. She on the other hand was pinned as a bad girl, captain of the softball team.

Though I am nothing like Kiersten in terms of physicality, I portrayed her to have a personality that corresponds to mine. WE ARE LEGIT THE SAME PERSON WITH THE EXCEPTION OF... I'm taller than her, standing at 5'11 and I didn't have any accidents or physical struggles like her, other than the fact that my maturity level is of a 5 year old at times. I do however, struggle with eating (I've lost about thirty pounds since high school) and I always put other people before myself which is really bad of me.

Yes, I indeed saw all the date comments. But in real life we never dated. Just talked everyday about our lives. You can say she's pretty cool because she showed me that I was still capable of loving someone even after having my first love. However, she's happy being with a girl who's even more wild than her and the two of us ended up as really good friends. We would of never worked out, we were just way too different for a romantic sense.

Random facts / FAQs:

1. I'm a D2 collegiate athlete, an outside hitter for volleyball and I major in health sciences, with a minor in english and anthropology.

2. Though many people see me as sporty, my personality is quite feminine and my ideal day would be hanging out with my friends or writing in my journal.

3. Am I still innocent like Kiersten? Personality wise, yes. However, I do like to party from time to time. I socially drink (never been drunk) and I do not do drugs.

4. Where did I get these names from? Kiersten was supposed to be my older sister's name. She would of been 4 years older than me but my mom lost the baby. My brother and I would of had a name starting with a "K" to match with Kiersten's. However, after the loss, our names were decided to start with the letter "M". Kiersten also means 'follower of christ' and you know, she's the definition of a good girl. 'Skylar' can translate to 'the learned one' and she had a lot to learn. The name was also bad ass af. The real girl's name does not start with an "S".

5. What does the real life Skylar look like? She looks exactly how she's described in the book (light haired brunette (I just used a blonde model)). She's shorter though, around 5'6. She's also a triplet with a brother and a sister, fun fact.

6. Does she like my book? Yes, actually! She reads it every time I would let her know there's an update.

7. What does real life Heidi look like? She looks EXACTLY as portrayed in the book. Standing at 6 feet tall, she's a bad af baller who I fell for back in high school.

8. Is Melody Grace my real name? Yes. Melody is my first name and Grace is my middle.

9. Were the settings of California ideal to the true story? No. We went to school in Manhattan, New York City. However, the whole rich kids and models were very similar to our upbringing. Oh, and drugs. Let's not forget about drugs.

10. What's the actual story behind the real life "Skylar"? In high school, I used to see this girl a lot since our school was small. We never spoke but I always thought she was really pretty. Every time I had art, I'd catch her lapping the hallways because she never liked going to class. We had common friends but I was told to stay away from her since she was a bad girl. As time went on, I'd see her in the crowds of my games because of our similar friends, and I always loved her familiar face. I used to write about her in my journals until I had girlfriends later on and forgot about her. At the end of my senior year, we would snap a bit and that would die on and off. College started and our bond grew really strong. I learned who she really was and found out she wasn't as bad as I thought and she learned a TON about me... Up to the point where she'd probably know the answers to almost every question being asked. Because we're so different on the outside and we have the whole college thing going on, we figured it wouldn't be a good idea to start anything. So, that's pretty much what inspired this whole entire story.

THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
Why didn't Kiersten end up with Skylar?

ANSWER:
Sweetie pies, sorry to break your hearts but she was never going to end up with Skylar. As I said previously, Skylar was named "Skylar" because her character had a lot to learn. Since this book series is based on my love life, the story plot would of never changed for the readers. That would make the purpose of the book untrue. Also, I purposely named the book "The Bad Girl's Kit Kat" to make it seem like it would be their story when really it's Kiersten's story. Cue why it's directed at only Kiersten with the misleading part being "The Bad Girl's...). I wanted my book to be anything but cliche. I wanted my readers to know about real life problems people go through and to be aware that it's okay to not be okay. The main reason for "Skylar" was, I wanted you to feel my feeling of care towards her, but how the overwhelmingness of what someone like me would have to go though, would be too much. So, if you're extremely disappointed in the turn out, then than means I did a good job and welcome to real life!

TO THE VERY DISAPPOINTED READERS BECAUSE I DO SEE SOME COMMENTS:
This book is a supporting book, showing the past of Kiersten's story. Her main story will be included in the sequel. I understand that some of you shipped her and Skylar but the whole point of leading you guys on just to hurt you, is to reflect what would of happened if real life Skylar and I were to become an item. This book is raw, painful, dramatic, I never stated it was going to be a happy ending. Also, I updated the description of the book for my future readers.

Finally, if you're reading this, that's the end of the book! Thanks for sticking, my little angels. - Melody 💕

Instagram: melodyautumn.13
Tik Tok : melody.autumn