37| Superstar

Kiersten|

Cold room, clean air, chilly goose bumps, dry face, wet eyes.

Quiet. Shivering. Droplets.

I don't want to talk, there was too much to say, too much I saw.

Irony is how I'd describe the emotions that were emerging from within me. Watching my life flash before my eyes was something I thought I desired to see. Yet, here I was, pretending to sleep as I felt the source of my pain take a seat at the foot of my bed. She sat down hesitantly and I could feel her breathing slow as if she was trying to think of a greeting to break the silence. It was weird how you could know someone extremely well and still feel like complete strangers.

Skylar had left not too long ago, letting a few cuss words out before proceeding to exit. The light haired brunette always seemed upset every time she'd encounter Heidi; that was understandable to me. If I were in her position, I'd feel the exact way because there was just too much history between the basketball star and I.

Lightly patting me on the leg and signalling for me to face her, "Hey, are you awake?" is all she said.

I bit my lip as I tried to keep myself from whimpering. Hearing her voice and remembering every little detail about myself as well as what we did together, overwhelmed me. There were what felt like hundreds of sentiments surpassing me, making both my heart and brain hurt. My back was still turned away from her as she awaited for what was going to be a failed acknowledgement. I missed everything about Heidi considering the long amount of time I was gone, but I didn't forget what had happened right before my accident. "I wish I forgot" I whispered ever so softly. Tears began to stream down my face uncontrollably and I let them.

In shock from my words, "Pardon me? You got your memories back?"

"Yes." Sitting up straight with my arms crossed, I wanted her to see all of me. The mess I was and how I looked broken, with no pieces seen to put back together. Even if she was able to puzzle me back, I'd still have the distinct lines in sight. "You kept hurting me, you said you h- hated me through text right before the crash!" I began to choke on my words. "My mistake did not deserve how you treated me."

The six footer's temper that she always had started to come out in defense. "You're the one who cheated on me?"

Both of my hands rubbed my eyes before slamming down on the mattress. "Oh god, it was just a stupid game!" Within that line, my voice had cracked. "If you took more time out of your day to ask how I was doing, maybe I wouldn't have been so insecure. Have you ever thought about that?" I challenged.

Her pale face started to turn a shade of red, she was getting exceedingly upset even though I could tell she didn't want to. "That still doesn't give you an excuse? Cheating is cheating."

"It wasn't cheating! I felt nothing at all?" My teeth grazed along my tongue out of frustration. I know the for many people, any form of communication in a flirtatious way or having the presence of physical contact was defined as being unfaithful. However, in my opinion I didn't even see this boy like that, it was more of a friendly game that wasn't going to lead to anything more. "You overreacted in the cruelest way, taking advantage of all that I felt for you."

She sighed, her blue eyes looking directly into mine. "If I didn't feel completely betrayed by what you did, then that would mean I never felt anything towards you which would be a lie and you know it." I watched as she shifted herself uncomfortably, licking her lips to keep them from getting dry. "I was so angry at you for doing what you did because I trusted you, especially since you were so far out of my reach."