43| You've Gotta Be Kidding

Start from the beginning

"Um..." Sebastian's vocals broke though my train of thoughts. "It shows that shes in the same location where the Fabrays live? Is there anything going on?"

You could hear plates clinking and people chattering which told me Seb had been at work. I didn't want him to worry too much; I tried my best to keep him from freaking out. "I'll have her home safely, you just do your thing at work."

"I'm really sorry about her, I'll treat you and Ken to free milkshakes for a whole week so that I can make up for this" the older brother said with sadness.

What really broke my heart was having to hear an older brother apologize for his younger sister. Everything Skylar has been doing led to hurting the people who cared about her most. I found it so disrespectful how while her family worked hard to support their house by working til really late at night, she let them all constantly worry about her well being. Don't misinterpret my point here, I completely get it. I understand that Skylar's family was too busy for her because mine were too at some point and i understand that she felt neglected, for years I was in Manhattan on my own without my whole family. That didn't mean I would treat them terribly? The fact that they only gave the light haired brunette the job of taking care of her younger sister which she still managed to mess up, was upsetting to see.

Most of all, I can't believe she lied to me, especially after everything?

"Don't worry about it, milkshakes sound perfect?" I faked a laugh.

The older Cadwell seemed to be in a rush to get back to work. "Cool! Well, apologies once again for everything. You're a really great person, just so you know.

"Cadwell! Some pretty model is here to see you!" I heard in the background on the male's end. "She says her name's Shantel!"

Taking this as a cue I should end the convo, "Okay, I'll talk to you later!"

"Alright, see ya lil Ang!" Sebastian then hung up. He kinda reminded me of a male version of Kennedy which was super interesting, they were both always cracking laughs.

Placing my phone in my back pocket, I entered the house while very agitated. The attractive and troubled girl had to be here because there was no other house nearby. Dianna lived in a secluded area by the golf courses most wealthy men of SoCal would go to. Walking within the premises, I was awfully familiar with how parties here went down. Since the age of thirteen, I've held the title of 'Most likely to dance on tables' since that was my signature thing at every huge event.

Kennedy was long gone which meant I was now completely on my own. As the song Drunk In Love by Beyoncé played, my fragile body squeezed through the crowd of drunk teens. It had to be around five past ten so god knows what Cadwell has been doing. Part of me hoped she didn't throw her sobriety away and instead did something that would maker her family and I proud.

There was nothing left for me to do but pray. 

"Pardon me, have you seen Skylar Cadwell anywhere?" I asked some of the nearby crowd.

One of the guys replied "Nah, but you cute. Lemme buy you a drink?"

"No, thank you" I denied politely.

Then, another guy who was wearing no shirt replied. "Yeah, that chick went upstairs into one of those rooms." His index finger pointed to the first bedroom to the left of the staircase.

Feeling my cheeks redden, I basically just received confirmation Skylar really did lie and come to have fun at a party. My feet drove me speedily through the crowd because no matter what, I wanted to make sure she was safe. Once I finished walking up the steps and was standing directly outside the bedroom door, my hand curled up into a fist, beginning to knock on the wood.