33| You're Not Sorry

Start from the beginning

"Kier! Jump in, the water is great!" screamed my older sister. She didn't really call me 'Monkey' anymore now that I was catching up to the age I am. The most challenging part of the last few months had to be the brain lags I would experience. It made me an actual child at times and that still embarrassed me til this day. Luckily, they occurred less often.

I took off the white cover up off of myself so that all I had been wearing was a pink bikini. The scars from the surgeries that I had were very small because most of the procedures required internal surgery rather than external. This meant that the doctors used special tools that didn't require having to open up my body more than 2 inches. The markings on me were pretty faded, it was almost unnoticeable. Taking a head start and hugging my tucked legs, I hollered back. "Cannon ball!"

It was amazing to feel the cold water soothing my body from the intense heat that the west provided. The way the pool water moved my hair in slow motion was incredibly satisfying to me, even the bubbles that came out of my mouth amazed me. Kicking my feet off of the pool's bottom, Kenny told me some good news. "So, you're going to be able to read your journal with Dr.Bryant tomorrow!"

"I am? How do you know?" I replied slowly.

"Mom and Dad have been talking about it" she replied while whipping some water off of her face. "All of your doctors will be present for support, they all think you're ready."

I've been waiting to hear those words come out of someone's mouth, anyone's. Now that it had finally been said, I was starting to feel nervous. It wasn't like they knew for sure all of my memories would come back. There was just a high percentage that it would... 83% to be exact. There was still that 17% where nothing would be revived and all I would be left with will be an old journal written by some girl who happens to be me. My time of waiting would be wasted and I pretty much just set myself up to be disappointed.

"Relax Kiersten, any outcome is a step closer to understanding what happened, okay?" Kennedy projected. She had on a white one piece bathing suit that pretty much showed off her body. From what she tells me, she has a lot of college guys lining up to shoot their shot with her. Some even asked for me, but I really couldn't think about any more complications in my life.

"I'm just a little nervous, that's all."

"You'll be fine, we'll all be there for ya." My older look alike had on a genuine grin. She's been my rock through all of this and I could not be more thankful. "Okay?"

"Of course" I replied. My eyes scanned the lovely house I lived in and the luxury I was fortunate to have. I really hoped that before my accident, I never took anything for granted. That was another thing I was scared of reading. What if I found out that I didn't like the girl I used to be?

The rest of the day had been pretty slow. We were cleaning up the New Year's Eve mess from last night. Did I get a kiss? No, because I hid in my bathroom once the clock struck 12 am. Bothe Skylar and Heidi were at the party, pretty much everyone from Orange County was there. I just needed some space from any sort of physical contact since I had a lot of other things to worry about. Feeling overwhelmed 24/7 was definitely something that I did not sign up for. If there was a way to relieve that pain, then I was going to take it.

I walked around our mansion, looking at all of the old pictures of me in the house. My family and I went on so many vacations, I was looking forward to remembering the adventures we took together. I was also curious about my New York City life. I'm sure I had so many friends back in the city who probably think I'm dead or something. It was also bothering me how Uncle Reese hasn't seen me since the accident... not that I remembered him much. But, it would of been nice to spend some time with someone who was there during the tragic event. You could tell that he was close to my dad because there were many pictures of the two of them together as well. I hope he wasn't blaming himself for the accident because I'm fine and living. There was no point in sulking if you can't change what already happened to me.

All I had to wait for was tomorrow. Tomorrow, all of my prayers will be answered. I wasn't sure what exactly was going to happen but it gave me anxiety. I desired to know everything about myself, especially the little things. What was my biggest pet peeve? Who was my first kiss? What were my thoughts like?

"Kiersten, there's someone at the door for you!" I heard Kennedy's voice interrupt my thoughts.

Skipping along the marble floor, I already knew who was going to be wasted out of her mind, leaning against the door. I prepared myself for her body to plop onto me before opening the door. Taking a deep breath, I counted to three.

1,

2,

3.

I twisted the door know open, the light haired brunette fell right onto me, laughing in the process. Here eyes were bloodshot red and her cheeks were flourished a pink color. "Hi baby" she giggled. She smelt like a mixture of alcohol and cigarettes combined. "You look hot in that bikini... Where's your clothes?" Skylar started to ramble. "You shouldn't walk around like that, your workers are probably looking at your cake... MY CAKE!"

"Drunky, stand up p- please" I demanded. She was so heavy on my chest, it was giving my breathing problems.

The softball player rolled her eyes. "You used to call me princess, you know?"

"Maybe you should start acting like one?" I shot back.

"I'm here aren't I?" she challenged. Her temper was about to go off any second from the alcohol. "Why are you being a buzz kill, Kit Kat?"

"Please stand, you're hurting me" I begged. My words were almost inaudible due to the lack of air in my lungs.

As soon as I said that, she placed all of her weight onto her own feet which allowed me to breathe. "Sorry, babe."

The sad thing was that Skylar did this quite often. She'd show up to my house drunk on weekends just to see me. But, what would end up happening is me taking care of her while she'd flirt constantly. It was hard for me to try and understand why she was so complex. On some days she was perfectly fine and then others she'd be under the influence of drugs and alcohol. I just wanted her to be happy and I was starting to realize that her happiness came from drugs and sometimes me. Honestly, I knew that she still messed around with other girls. Since we weren't exclusive, I didn't really have a say in what she could and couldn't do. But, I figured that it would be common sense to not flirt with other girls in front of me.

I wasn't as upset as I should of been and that was telling me I had slowly lost the patience in trying to change her because it wasn't happening. She was almost a replication of the constant waiting I had to deal with for my own medical sake. Having to wait for two things was almost impossible for me; it drained my self esteem immensely. How am I supposed to take care of myself while having to take care of Skylar too? She was insulting me without realizing it and I was getting tired of it. Skylar's a perfectly healthy girl and she liked taking advantage of that, not being aware people like me would give anything to have perfect health like hers. She didn't realize how her substance abuse affected me. It may have not as much back then because I was still trying to understand it, but now that I do, I didn't like that part of her one bit.

"What do you want" I said with a hint of tiredness.

"You, kiddo." she replied while putting some of my baby hairs behind my ear. "I want you."

| End is Chapter Thirty Three |

[A/N]: Looks like our little innocent kiddo, isn't so little anymore... xxx - Melody

Instagram: melodyautumn.13
Tik Tok: melody.autumn

© 2022 Wattpad