[FIFTY-ONE]

•ANGEL•

I told Aislin about Aviana.  About what happened, minus the sex, and how she was doing.  After the sex, she'd fallen asleep on me.  I had to put her on the hospital bed and try my best to put that hospital gown back on her.  She'd slept for almost two hours.

Aislin shook her head and brought her coffee up to her lips.  Her eyes were bloodshot after she'd done crying while trying to comforting Novian who was with his Dad.  The kid wasn't taking the news easily.  Why should he? His mother died right after they had an argument.

"He's so grief-stricken that he's inconsolable," she breathed as more tears ran down her face. "I'm worried about him." 

"Aislin," I touched her knee. How would I tell her without her hurting me and putting me in a coma? "About Novian..."

I told her. She didn't dump her coffee on me, didn't slap me all the way into Antarctica, nor did she kick me in the groin.

Shit, my sister was abducted and I didn't even know it.

"Ais," I said but she got up like a robot, walked into the far end of the lobby where Novian and his father were seated. I followed her to make she didn't do anything worth arresting her for. She tapped on Novian's shoulder and he looked up with blazing eyes. She ignored them and wrapped her arms around him. He was taken back by the endearment and tears flooded his eyes once again.

"I knew there was something special about you," I heard her whisper as she softly touched his hair. "You're my baby-brother."

He disagreed. "No. I'm her brother," he pointed to where Aviana was asleep in her room. "Your father was a racist, a rapist and a devil. I don't... I don't want to be a part of his family at all.  Im sorry.  See ya at the funeral."

I've never seen Aislin look like she'd been slapped hard as fûck on the face.  But as Novian walked away from her, it looked like  someone told her her life was ending that day.
She walked back to our original seat and sat down with her long face in her hands. I mirrored her.

But then a petite body strolled into the lobby. Curls bobbed up and down then halted in front of us.

Hell no.

"I told you I never wanted to see you again," I growled standing up. I was totally not in the mood for a crazy ex. "Baylee, please, for your own good, exist. Exist out my fucking life and shut the damn door because it's been locked on you."

She smirked gleefully. My eyes wandered down to her neck where a band of bluish purple was marked. Maybe wearing all those chokers cost her the oxygen to her brain.

"I'm here to see my friend, Aviana. She was supposed to be going on a lunch date with me. I thought she cancelled because she actually does hate me, but then I heard the news that someone was shot. Had to make sure it wasn't my friend."

"She's not your friend," Aislin rolled her eyes standing up. "Aviana is unavailable right now. Please come back when you're actually wanted."

Baylee's lips turned into a small line like she was thinking about something. She nodded yes and walked out the door. I watched her every move, and she did leave.

"Hell is breaking loose," Aislin yawned stretching. I nodded agreeing with her. She rubbed my arm and said, "I'm going to check on Novian. You're going to check on Avi?"

"Yea."

She walked away, and I went to check on Avi.  When I got to the room, she wasn't there. I slowly stepped forward to the hospital bed feeling where she was. I didn't see any trace of her... maybe she was in the lobby?