[THREE]

AVIANA

"SLAVE!" a shrieking voice thrusted me out of my flashback.  I blinked a few times trying to remember what I was doing.

I was in the bathroom, but ran up to the stairs.  I didn't go up.   I just waited for the voice again, to see if it would call for me or if that was just me going crazy after five years of being down here.

"If I call again, I'm coming down there myself!" Mrs. Meyers threatened from upstairs.  

"I'm coming, Mrs. Meyers," I yelled after her and ran up. 

The cool breeze of the air nipped at my cheeks as soon as I opened the door.   The basement was usually hot, but sometimes someone would be generous enough and turn the air condition on.  It was  very rarely, but it did happen.

"You called for me?"  I asked softly when I stood in front of her.  Her blonde hair was pulled into a bun onto her head, and she seemed angry.  Probably at Angel or Aislin.  I wasn't sure which.

"Dom is coming home for dinner.  I need you to help me and Aislin cook.  And you're going to wait on us," she turned away grabbing a book. "This has all my recipes.  Follow all the directions.  I'm only helping because I don't want you poisoning my family."

"I would never do such a thing," I lied to just get away from her hissing at me.  I would poison this whole family if I could.  They hated me, and the feeling was mutual.  The only person I would spare was Aislin.  She showed me that she didn't hate me, but I apparently had trust issues. 

"Filthy liar," she hissed, with a scrunched up face. "Aislin, watch the slave. I'm going to go to the grocery store and get food.  Make sure she doesn't do anything."

Aislin, who sat at the table with a stern face, nodded.  Her mom sighed before giving her a light kiss and walked away, sending me a death glare.  The door clicked shut when Mrs. Meyers footsteps faded out the house.  Aislin ran to me and threw her arms around me.

"Oh my God! I hate my family," she shook her head.  "I'm so, so, so sorry.  We're evil."

"You are," I muttered softly.  Aislin looked at me with a soft smile.

She was the good one.  She always gave me the best of her clothes even though her mom encouraged her to give me her worst.  She gave me Vaseline to put on the scar when I had received it.  After learning of what her father had done, of course.  She and Angel were out with their friends. 

I liked Aislin.  I liked her a lot but if she wanted to be "good" or "generous" then she needed to get me out.  That's all I wanted from them.

"Is everything okay?  Do you need anything?" she asked searching me for scratches that she could aid to. 

"No. I just... I need entertainment.  The only company I have is my thoughts. And being alone with my mind whirling is dangerous."

"I wish I could, Aviana.  But you know that is dangerous.  My parents would kill me if they knew that I was entertaining you or keeping you company," she held my hands in hers.

"No, definitely. I understand," I told her with a soft simper but I didn't.  I didn't understand how sneaking down there could get her killed.  She always snuck down there to help me if I needed pads for when my monthly visit came, or when I needed bandages from Dom's cuts.  It made no rutting sense, but I would make myself understand.  What did have to lose?

"So... why are you wearing Angel's shirt?" she questioned but I caught the playful gleam in her replicated blue eyes from her brothers'.

"He... he felt like I needed to wear it.  Angel is nice and all, but I do not trust him."