[TWENTY-ONE]

A/N: A little more appreciation for Lil, Gabe and Ais up there!! 😍

ANGEL

Ais, Lil, Gabe and I left Aviana to have some time with her family.  It made me so proud to see her with them as they huddled up and cried.  It was very sad, but happy and the same time. 

We were currently at a quiet restaurant.  We didn't really do anything.  I didn't want to go far since I wanted to be in reach when Aviana called.  She wasn't happy about us leaving but it would've been inappropriate for us to stay. 

"I knew Avi looked like her mother by the pictures on the internet," Aislin muttered sipping her coffee although it was five in the afternoon. "But the resemblance is actually really scary."

"I know right.  And her brother? How old is he? Eighteen?" Lil chimed in.

"Novian? Noo. He's like fifteen," Aislin corrected.  Lil's mouth dropped down to the table.  I shook my head at their conversation even though my mind was on what happened with her father. 

"Goddamn!! He's fineee. I can't believe I find a fifteen year old to be hot," Lil crossed her legs over the other.  Aislin snickered before looking at me.

"What's on your mind, Ange?"

"Her dad. He doesn't seem happy to know that we helped her out," I squinted because the sun was setting right in front of me. 

If looks could murder, I would've been dead and buried.  When Aviana said I was her boyfriend— which literally made me want to wrap her in my arms and attack her with kisses— her father looked like he wanted to wrap me up in a rope and set me on fire.  He was not happy at all.  And that unsettled me.

I knew getting Aviana home was my plan.  It was always my plan.  But I honestly didn't think we'd find her parents.  I thought maybe they moved away— which they did but not completely— and I didn't prepare for how they'd think about me and Aislin.  What they'd think of us when they find out that we're not really "heroes" since our family caused all of this.

"His emotions must be on high, dude. You can't base that off of the way he yelled at us. I mean, his daughter literally appeared out of nowhere after five years of disappearance," Gabe said. "I don't know whats goin through his mind, but I'd be beyond glad to see my daughter and would want strangers to leave too."

I thought about it.  He must be right.

"Alright," I agreed.  "Well, why do you think Avi hasn't called us yet?"

"Maybe she's catching up from a gap of missing years from her family.  We can't push it, Ange. Calm down," Aislin whispered softly.

"Now that she's back, they're not going to let her out of their sight," Lilith looked around New York where people walked on the sidewalk and taxis zoomed by.

Everything they were saying were right. All of them were right.  Her family missed her like crazy and they needed all the time they could have with her.  And not to sound like some crazy ass psychopath, but I missed her too.  It has only been God knows how long since we'd seen her.

"How long has it been since we saw her?" I asked them.

"Literally only two hours," Aislin checked her phone before giving me a tired look. "Since you're losing all your shit, maybe you should call her. Just to check on her."

"Nah. I don't want to sound all possessive and shit."

"But you are though," Lil laughed at me. I glared at her but she only kept laughing.