[NINETEEN]

AVIANA

I heard the girls. I heard them loud and clear.  Angel didn't need to clarify the nasty words they were spurting about me.

I tried with every bone and muscle in my body to ignore them as I helped Angel carry the books to the cashier. Thankfully the cashier didn't say anything either as we rang up our books.

Angel saw how uneasy I was. His burning gaze kept me from looking at him until I couldn't anymore. I gave him a questioningly look.

What? My eyes spoke for me.

He gave me a smirk. Nothing.

I shrugged after figuring out that he wasn't going to tell me if something was up. I hurriedly put our books in the bag helping the cashier and eager to leave the mall as soon as possible. I was almost done when Angel wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

I froze. I became stiff, totally rooted in place. We were in public. And those girls were watching us.

"Let 'em stare," he whispered tenderly in my ear. "It'll show them that you're mine."

My insides were conflagration, a form of an enkindled fire that would glow beyond me. I turned around in his arms to look at him and smiled cheekily. I bit my lip making him take his thumb and pull them from my teeth's grasp.

"Let's take you home," he said inaudibly.

"Please and thank you," he barely heard me.
*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*

The car ride was so much better then earlier.  The tension was gone like it was never there.  Angel and I were discussing the latest music (that I hadn't gotten the glory of knowing) and he'd even went as far as to help me download the best songs. 

"No, I swear you'd like it. You're a dangerous woman anyway," he teased.  I grinned and bumped my shoulder against his. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I laid my head on the crook of his neck as we continued our song hunting.

Aislin looked at me through the rear view mirror.  I saw the playfully devious look on her face as she darted her tongue out and swept it across her lips.  She mouthed, "get some."

I didn't even bother to fight it. My face had split into a lazy thin lip smile while I breathed in Angel.  He always smelled divine and it drove me crazy.  If I was blind, and had to locate him by smell, I would definitely succeed.

The car stopped its motion making me rush to look out.  My heartbeat thundered like a storm brewing in the dead of my chest as I peered out to my childhood neighborhood. I almost choked on my saliva while looking at the same very steps I had left five years ago, and haven't seen it since that night.

I opened the car door and started walking to our apartment. It felt like a magnetic pull was calling me to it. Gabe, Lil, Ais, nor Angel uttered a word. But I heard footsteps crunching on the fallen leaves.

I didn't even realize that I'd traveled all the way up to the steps. Now I was staring at the door like I could open it with telekinesis. I brought my hand to knock on the door, but my fisted knuckles shook like an earthquake was happening under my skin.

At that moment I wished I had telekinesis.

My knuckles came in contact with the soft wooden door that squealed open. I stared confusingly at the mahogany door.

Guess it wasn't locked.

Then I just gingerly walked in my old house and I almost walked back out.  Nothing was the same.  Nothing looked like before.  I didn't know what was going on but all I know is that anger was what fueled through me. 

"There's no pictures hanging up," that was supposed to come out as a shriek... a yell. Something to show that I was angry.  Instead it came out like a cry for help.  Tender and broken.

I gawked at the hair-raising vacant hallway that once used to be filled with pictures of me and Novian.  Even the walls once used to be painted white, but now the dark brown walls felt like they were caving me in. 

I traveled into the kitchen where the tables were missing, and there was no rags on the dishwasher or anything.  Everything was deplete and unfurnished. 

They couldn't have....

Wow. They forgot about you that quick? That you would never come back?

I hated that voice.  She was mean, and cruel and made living in the basement hell.  She did worse damage then Dom and his Satan father because I couldn't escape her no matter how hard I tried.

Depression.

"Avi," Aislin looked alert, and scratching her arm. "Are you sure we have the right address?"

I tried to speak but my voice failed me.  So I just nodded yes.

"Where is your family?" Lil was hesitant to ask but she did anyway. 

I swore I heard my heart splinter and crack. 

"I... I don't know," I squeaked like an abashed mouse.  Angel made his way through them and cupped my face.

Whatever he was going to say was drowned out by the voices we heard coming from outside the door.  My heart tripled its speed; hope still trying to breathe after almost drowning.

"We couldn't have kept staying here," a deep voice grumbled. It was a man, of course.

Could it be?

Shut up. No. It's not them, stupid.

Three figures were soon at the door.  Then a female started speaking and I felt my legs transform into jello.   I grasped Angel's arm for support because it was certain that my legs had definitely gave out.

"Mama?" I asked nimbly in fear of being so wrong.

The woman looked ahead at us.  I knew her face.  I loved her face.  I looked just like her.  Tears were spilling out my eyes and I tried to run but that's when a wail came out instead.

"VIA!!" my family screamed running to me.

My arms were wide open as they wrapped tightly around all of them as best as they could.

A/N: WTF!!! WHOS CUTTING ONIONS?! Goddamn I'm losin myself!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Yes Ik it's been really hard for me to update! But that's why I'm trying to get in two updates this week!! I've been hella busy with life and I missed you guys to be honest.

So. Are y'all ready to meet Aviana's family?

So much is going to happen now since the story's back on track and my characters aren't living off of hotels lmao.

Sorry those hotel scenes were like fillers I guess. But you kno what they say, every book needs a filler.

*no one says that*

Okay well. I hope you all enjoyed! Please vote and comment and let's start a conversation! I will be reading comments so yeah!

-Mahawa 💋 🐳