[EIGHTEEN]

•ANGEL•

I came in the bathroom slowly, unlike the demeanor I had earlier. She was pissed. I knew she was by how loud she screamed. And the fact that I fucking cut off half the side of her hair could have a lot to do with it.

"Yes, baby?"

She growled, "Why is half my hair cut off?"

I bit my lip trying to figure out how to explain it while not making it worse.

"I accidentally cut it."

Oh, great Angel.  That was so subtle, she's totally not going to bite your head off.

She whimpered and returned back to the mirrorShe touched her head and felt for the hair that wasn't there anymore.  I had cut pretty far since it was like down to her waist where it was now only to her shoulder. 

Yeah. That was bad.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—"

"Just cut the whole thing off," she stopped me abruptly.

I scoffed. "C'mon Avi, it's not that bad. We don't have to cut it all off."

"Nooo. Cut it to the same length because if you think I'm going out with half my hair longer on one side than the other, you must be crazier than I thought."

I smirked trying to lighten the mood. "I'll show you exactly how crazy I am."

She glared at me like that day she did in the basement.

"Okay, okay. No jokes. I'm sorry."

"I can't believe you did this!  Ugh! You don't understand the gravity of this situation."

"I do," I defend myself.

"Oh yeah? Lemme cut a piece of your hair!" she screamed with wide eyes. 

"Okay. I don't."

She scoffed before pointing to her hair. "Cut it.  Now."

I slowly went up to her and started cutting her hair.  The scissors at work was the only sound we heard.  I saw Aviana's shoulders shaking.  She was actually, really upset with me.   I tried my best to make sure both sides were even at her shoulders.  When I was done I pulled her hair back and tried to give her a kiss but she smacked me in the face.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

She sighed and fingered through her hair.  I watched her long face before she turned around and glared at me once again.  I felt incredibly bad.

"I'm sorry," I was. I was very sorry seeing that it totally dragged her enthusiasm to the bottom of the earth.

"Just... omg, I can't even talk," she walked out the bathroom and sat on the bed.  My blood boiled in my veins.  How much do I have to say that I was sorry?!

"Aviana, please listen. Your hair will grow back, what is the fucking deal!"

That made her fume.

"You don't understand that I am a black girl with African American hair, Angel.  And you don't understand it takes like fifty years for it to grow back to the same length! So you can shut up!"

I scoffed, my brows growing together. "Geez, I'm sorry I don't know what would happen if I had cut your hair.  Maybe because I didn't mean to cut it in the first place!"