[TWENTY-SEVEN]

•ANGEL•

Apartment?  Aislin's buying Avi an apartment?

I couldn't help but let the thought consume my mind while I stopped a taxi cab.  Aviana went in first, and I followed along. She was quiet sitting next to me. Causally, I put an arm around her while she gave me a small smile.

"I'm going to have to take you out on a date where it's just you and me," I began. Her smile widened. She snuggled a curly strand behind her ear.

"I would love that."

I didn't pry about what Aislin said. Whatever the girls had planned, I'd find out soon enough. Plus I trusted Aislin.

"What's that?" Aviana pointed to the lean mark on my arm that I had remembered very vividly on how I got it. Dom was a bitch that's all.

"Nothing," I rub the skin as if it would disappear. Avi pouted with a slight glare.

"Tell me. I know it's not just nothing."

I sighed before retelling the story of what happened that night we got her out the house.  It went like this...

"Where the fuck are they?!" Dom seethed wen he realized that Aviana and Aislin were gone. I shook my head.

"You're dumb as hell. I was never going to rape her. Just needed to fool you, which wasn't hard."

"You dick. See, this is why you've never fucked. You're a whimp!"

"You know if you closed your mouth often, then people would like you more," I laughed at my own joke.

Dom broke the beer bottle on the side of the counter, and darted for me with a piece of the shard.  His face was twisted up into this mad, demented expression. 

I dashed out the way so I wouldn't have a shard of a  beer bottle immersed into my skin.  I gawked at my brother who looked delirious with a nefarious smile. 

"You... had no right... letting her leave, man," he laughed but there was no humor. 

"She was dying!"

"No! She was surviving! She was fine!" he squeezed the shard in his hand making blood coat his hand and seep to the floor.

"You're plagued. You need help."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT I NEED! GODAMITT, I WILL RIP YOUR OGRANS OUT!" he snarled and I was caught off guard when he pounced on me.   I managed to kick him in the balls but he sliced my arm with the shard and blood squished out like water leaking out of a hose.

Dom fell over with the shard slipping out his hand.  I snatched it making the pain in my arm become blinding.  I was going to throw the shard out window when I got punched in the face.  Acting on pulse, I swung the shard making it slice Dom in the face.  He hissed vociferously and clutched his bleeding face. 

"She was mine! How dare you love her!" he pointed fingers at me although his words slurred.

"She wasn't ours to begin with!" I snarled back.  Something in Dom snapped and he totally became rabid.   A growl erupted from his throat, and his eyes looked like an electric blue with pulsing specks.

"She... will... never... love you," he grinned maniacally.

"I rather her hate me than love you."

My vision became blurry making me look at my arm.  Blood covered all over my forearm and it soaked my shirt where I had it stationed against.   I was about to pass out when the door barged open.