[TWENTY-TWO]

A/N: I decided to do Lilith's POV!!

•LILITH•

Aislin began the story of how she got to know Aviana from start to finish, and I was at the edge of my seat.  I've only known Aviana for the days I've been with her. I found out about her that day Angel told me.

I got pissed with him because I felt incredibly sick to my stomach with what Aviana must have been going through. And then I thought about how his family was just absolutely repugnant. And I've known Ais and Angel since we were five year olds. So that includes their family. Never did I notice that his parents were so hateful to another race.

"I didn't know when Avi was in our house.  I was on the phone with a friend of mine when my mother rushed into my room saying that my father had bought me and my brothers a gift. And like any other 14-year-old, I thought it was like a toy, clothes, anything other than a person," Aislin shook her head as she began. "So I ran downstairs to find Aviana on the ground fighting against my father. And from that day, November 12, 2012, she was treated terribly. My father... he would say the most poisonous and malicious things to her. So much so that one time I wanted to kill my father. Like the one where you murder him in his sleep. Especially when I found out about her scar... from the whip," Aislin looked up at Aviana who's eyes were glassy with tears.

My heart swelled in pain. I knew the scar she was talking about. The one that ran down Avi's back. I looked at her mother who was also crying.

The Meyers (minus two) were criminals.

"My father had whipped her when no one was home but him and Dom. Angel was at track practice and I was out with friends. I didn't know this until I came home one day to find blood on the floor and my other older brother, Dom, snickering about how our father had hurt her. I raced down to the basement where she was kept and helped her."

"YOUR SON OF BITCH FATHER WHIPPED MY DAUGHTER??!!" Marcus, Avi's father, jumped off the couch and bellowed ontop of his lungs.  I flinched by the pure shock and bitterness of his voice, and scooted closer to Gabe.  At first I felt Gabe freeze under my touch, but then he let me melt into him.  I didn't feel anything. Just a friend needing comfort at the moment.

"My bitch of a father did so much more, sir.  He hurt her immensely and I'm very angry with myself that I couldn't stop it any earlier," Angel commented in a husky voice.

"How old are you, son?" Marcus leaned in.

"Only twenty."

Marcus nodded before laughing even though we all knew there was no humor whatsoever. I watched Aviana who was silently sobbing to herself, and I wanted to go give her a hug.  The girl legit went through hell and she survived.

Damn! How is she thriving?!

"You were too young to do anything," Marcus growled. "I'm calling the damn police.  Give me your father's name."

"It wasn't just their father," I chimed in. "It was Dom too! He committed crimes!"

Avi shuddered at the thought of Dom. 

Me too, Hon. Me too.

"Yes! Dominique Meyers!" Aislin said. "He literally helped my father try to kill her. Make sure he gets behind bars too."

"He needs more than just bars to lock his ass up," Angel growled and I noticed the a faded scar of a cut on his forearm.

"Angel, when did you get that?" I pointed it out.  He pulled down his sleeves to cover it.  I glared at him and so did Aviana.  She whispered something in his ear making a  frown settle on his face.  He whispered something back.

"Wait. Wait.  What're your last names?" Novian asked with a raised brow.  I couldn't help but smirk. 

I needed to know what they were feeding this kid.

"Meyers," Ais answered.  Novian had a resting-bitch face. No smile lines, no smirk.  He was just plain serious.  He reminded me of Angel in that way and the way he carried himself (and his jawline), he even reminded me of Dom.

"Everything okay, Nov?" Avi asked across the couch.  Novian nodded before excusing himself to the bathroom.

"So they treated you like a slave," Naiyana said sadly. "They treated you... inhumanly?"

"Yeah, Mommy.  I was nothing more to them than a property.  If they went to far and broke me, then, oh well," Avi said not being able to look at her mother in the eyes.  It made me feel bad and clutch Gabe's arm.

"And I was broken.  I gave up trying to come home, because I always made an escape plan.  Every plan failed.  And I... I need help. I'm not healthy," she cried.  Angel turned to her.  Whatever bitchy mood he was in was gone and he gripped her by the shoulder. 

I was concerned now.  This whole time we were bringing her home, she was healthy to us.

He asked, "what do you mean you're not healthy?"

More tears slipped down her face making small tears scurry down mine, which I quickly wiped away with the back of my hand.  Gabe created patted me on my back making me lean into him more.

"I... I have depression.  And suicidal thoughts. You know that, Angel. You saved me a million times," Avi admitted making her Mom's sobs get louder.

"I saved you once.  And I'm glad I did," Angel inquired.

"Don't try me. I know you hid in between the shadows every time I had a razor in my hand.  I felt your presence every time and that day Dom cut my hair... stripping me bare another thing I had of myself... I almost committed suicide for the first time.  Remember?" she whispered lowly.

"You were ready to penetrate yourself with the scissors he cut your hair with," Angel said breathlessly.

I gasped looking at Gabe who also had a concerned look.

I didn't know it was coming, but I felt the bile in my throat, and the next thing I knew was my food coming up my throat and staining the pretty grey rug.

Shit.

A/N: I told ya it would be short!! So what do you think of Lilith's POV? Yeah I know it's not that much of her thoughts but is it enough where you'd like to see from her perspective again?

Andddd who do you wanna see from next? Ais? Gabe?

Btw... WHOAAA! More information about Avi's time in the basement!! Honestly 5 years is an insane amount of time so I could write mini-stories about her time down there. Comment if you like that idea, because if I add them in the book this will be, one long ass books lol!

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Leave a vote and comment to lmk this book is worth it :))

-Mahawa 💋🐳