[THIRTY-ONE]

•ANGEL•

Confusion was an understatement to what I was at the moment.

Something went wrong when Aviana went out with Kahli.  She wouldn't tell me what happened, but she just kept reassuring me that she loved me.  It made me happy that she wouldn't even let me forget it for a second, but I needed to know what had my baby so ruffled.

"Where's Lil and Gabe?" she asked looking around not finding out friends. Then I remembered.

"They had to leave. They didn't want to make you cry or upset so they left."

Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth was open but then closed. She was silent before nodding, "okay."

I sighed hating this mood that we've plunged in.

"What's wrong? And don't say nothing."

She didn't say anything but turned around on the couch facing away from the tv. I rolled my eyes, grabbed her from around the waist and plopped her ontop of me. I breathed in her scent by grazing my nose in the crook of her neck.

"Aviiiii. Tell meeee," I whined stretching out my words. She shook her head in a disobedient manner like a bratty kid. I raised my eyebrow pretending to be shocked.

"Now ya gone get it!" I warned before tickling her around her rim. She broke out into a laugh turning every which way trying and failing to escape my hold. I held her firmly in place and kept tickling.

"Please! Please! I'll tell you," she begged her hand pushing against my chest. I looked at her challengingly and stopped tickling although I still kept my arms draped around her. I waited for her to begin.

"Kahli was being rude. About my taste... in things," she said softly now snuggling into my chest. I frowned.

"Things? Please. Elaborate."

She sighed dramatically. "Things like my taste men. Things like the person I love. Things like you."

Oh.

I stayed silent understanding what she just said. She took my silence as a way of getting on with her words.

"She was saying how I was making the wrong decision to be with you only because you're white and I'm black. She's a racist motherfu—" I covered her mouth with my arm keeping her words muffled.

"She's you're best friend, babe."

Aviana shook her head. "I told ha if she's gone to tweet you baldly ba-four he met you thon I'm breaking off owwa fwiendship," she spoke gibberish but then I realized my arm was still on her mouth.

I let go guiltily making her give me a face that read, 'yeah, thank you.'

"So, I ended things. And it'll be that way until she apologizes. Now enough convo, I'm hungry," she got up and began walking to the kitchen. I watched her make a sandwich. My own stomach growled making her grab another piece of bread and create another sandwich.

My heart swelled in gratitude.

I walked up behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist. She continued making our sandwiches, but I felt her tense body ease up next to mine.

"You sound really sexy when you speak French," I blurted. She turned her face to make eye contact with mine.

"I'm serious."