[FORTY-SEVEN]

•NAIYANA•

I paced around the house my sweaty palms feeling clammy as hell. 

Aviana knew. 

She knew what happened.

I didn't know how.  Was Raphael in town?  Did he kidnap her and tell her?

"BABE! IM GOING TO SEE VIA!" I yelled at my husband who was upstairs.  He grumbled an okay which was it for me.  I hopped in my car and stepped on the pedal.

Thoughts danced in my mind making me speed up even more. I prayed there were no police cars because I needed to set things right.

"Raphael, when am I going to see you?" I remembered speaking flirtatiously through the phone.  I was cooking dinner for my daughter who was being cranky because she had a stomachache.

"Soon, Naiya. Soon.  I have to make sure my wife doesn't think anything's up," he spoke huskily.  I closed my eyes letting his voice soothe me.

"Fine," I had said. "What are you going to tell her? I mean, you're coming to New York right?"

"Yeah. I am. I'll just... I'll tell her I have a business trip," he chuckled. I grinned thinking that was the best decision.

"That'll be great!" I cheered. I heard little pats of feet sounding from the stairs and my four-year old daughter soon stood in front of me. Her curls fell down to her shoulder, big hazel eyes peering wide at me as she clutched her stomach.

"It hurts Mommy!!"

I picked her up and placed her on my hip. "Via, I told you to let the medicine settle."
I returned back to the phone and said, "I'll call you back."

I pulled up at Aviana's.   I ran inside the lobby briskly making my way up to her door.  I took in a few deep breaths and let them out.  Then I knocked.

She opened the door and before I could react, she smacked me across the face. It stung like hell. I sneered, unsure of what got into her and in fear of the truth that I would have to reveal.

"You whore," she snarled looking me up and down like I was a disappointment to the world. She shook her head.

"Aviana—"

"I didn't know my mother was a cheater, and a homewrecker," she sneered again throwing back her braids. I launched for her, knocking her down. I got on top of her and started slapping the hell out of her.

"I AM NOT A HOMEWRECKER! YOUR FATHER AND I WERE OVER! WHY DO YOU THINK HE WAS NEVER HOME?!"

Aviana flipped us over with so much force I became dizzy. She was then on top of me and punched me in the face. The blow was so solid and bleak that blood pooled out my nose. Realization hit her, and her eyes widened making her cover her mouth and rush off of me. Novian came running and helped me up.

The veins in his eyes already swollen eyes were ruby red, and he looked like he was on drugs.

"I'm sorry," I began trying to reach for him. He stepped back putting distance between us. He shook his head, more tears dripping down his face.

"I'm that motherfucker's son?"

"Watch your your language," I warned. He scoffed.

"Watch my language, Mom? So you mess around with a psychopath, he rapes you, you're pregnant and you let him leave you? What the actual fuck!?" his voice rumbled in my bones. I didn't say anything when I noticed the petite body on Aviana's couch.