[THIRTY-TWO]

AVIANA

I ran after Aislin as she stormed outside letting the door slam close. She was walking towards the cars when I grabbed her arm and twirled her around.

"What's all this apartment thing about? Does it have to be done at this moment?!" I asked unsure of where this was all coming from. She crossed an arm in front of her and huffed.

"I honestly don't care about the whole apartment thing. I waited for you to come back from ditching me so I could finally have time alone with you before I have to head back home. But as soon as you come home, you jump into his arms. What about me?" her voice broke and tears stung her eyes. My heart stumbled at her words. Guilt seized my body. She quickly wiped at her eyes before the tears could really be noticeable.

"Did you even remember me after seeing Khaliara?" she rolled Kahli's full name like it was venom as her brown eyebrows furrowed in disgust. "Whatever. If you need me, I'll be buying a plane ticket home."

"No!" I yelled.  It was my turn to frown. "You're not going anywhere! Not until we do what you want!  I'm sorry, okay?!  I thought I needed to immediately see my friend but I really didn't.  I didn't consider how you would feel. I feel like shit now and I know you're good at guilt tripping people so stop." I couldn't help the small chuckle when I said the last part.

She shook her head. "I'm not trying to guilt trip you.  You've just been a sister to me... I don't want to leave you yet."

I breathed in slowly trying not to cry.  Crying was getting on my nerves after awhile so I just pulled on Aislin's arm and brought her to my embrace.  She scrunched down because her height compared to mine was drastic.  I patted her back.

"I'm sorry."

She patted my back. "It's not okay, but I'm okay.  Now can we pleaseee have a girl time? I promise we're not stripping or going to a night club."

I laughed pushing her gently.  She smiled dusting off her sweatshirt that I hadn't realized that she'd changed into. I nodded okay. She immediately got a taxi cab the minute they saw her gorgeous face, and we were on our way to Aislin's much needed 'girl time.' It made me very appreciated when she called me her sister.

On our way to finding apartments, Aislin told me how my mom was so 'adorable.' I guess they bonded when Angel and I were absent. And I guess the woman talked her to death because I was rehearing stories only my mom would know and tell.

"So she told me that when you were six you were very shy and didn't really stick up for yourself so you let a boy dump ice cream in your face," Aislin cackled in laughter. I slapped her arm even though my smile was noticeable.

"Geez, I'm sorry I wasn't not that one kid that'll kick your ass the minute you pissed her off. I was very closed off as a child," I tried to explain even though Aislin was drowning in laughter.

She pointed to herself. "I woulda punched that kid in the face. Like bitch, I ain't no trash can for you to dump ice cream in my face."

I laughed also throwing my head back. She was so full of life; I never wanted it to stop.

"Tell me more about feline Aviana."

"Feline?!" I croaked staring wide eyed at her.

She shrugged with raised eyebrows. "Yeahhh, feline. You were timid, reserved, and mellow... like a cat. I have nothing else to compare you to."

"What about a bird that didn't know how to fly?"

She shook her head no totally disagreeing with me. "No. Feline is better."