[FORTY-EIGHT]

[UNEDITED]
•ANGEL•

I pulled up my shirt to show Aislin, and Lil my tattoo that ran from my ribs all the way down to my hips. It was the Roman numeral date of the year Aviana and I met.

"AGHH!!! SOO CUTEE! I WANNA BAE," Aislin howled squishing her face to the point where it looked like a red blotch.

Lil whistled lowly as her eyes turned glassy, and her lips tweaked up into a nasty grin. "Am I the only one imagining Aviana licking up that tattoo?"

I chuckled and winked at her, "yeah, because I want her to do more than lick it."

Aislin rolled her eyes before dropping a stack of papers on the table. Currently we were at lunch, and not at campus. Ais wanted a new venue to eat at, Lil didn't mind tagging along and Gabe had stuff he wanted to take care of. More specifically, planning a date with Aislin. He has really been trying to hook up with her even though my sister was blind as hell, missing all his cues. Yet if someone else was flirting with another person, she'd be the first to spot it like she was Cupid.

She began doing her homework. I had already caught up with all my work, and was finally on track. Late night homework, tests and more was like living in hell. Every morning my cappuccino was the only thing helping me function. But I'm all Gucci now, and can kick my foot up and relax.

"Have you heard from, Avi?" Lil asked twirling her dark hair. I nodded squinting at the girls who walked around and giggled every time they saw me. I tried so hard not roll my eyes.

"Yeah. She's been waiting for my mother to show up to her apartment, but Momma Meyers has been a no show. Either way, my girl is good," I grinned just thinking about her in her new box braids. She looked sexy as hell causing me to get way too excited for just new hair. I'd miss touching her delicate curls that'd get tangled in my fingers, but whatever Aviana decided to wear she'd always have me drooling.

Lil nodded understanding. Then she asked me something I'd been wondering for awhile now. "Would you marry Avi? I mean, you've known her since both of you were teenagers."

I pondered over the question, knowing I'd have to answer carefully. I had no doubt in my answer, but I needed to watch the way it came out.

"Of course I'd marry her. But she's only twenty. I'm only twenty. I don't want to rush her into anything that she's not ready for... or scare her off. I took a leap of faith expressing my love to her when I knew that she could outright hate me," my mind skipped to somewhere else.

"Aviana," I would say as my hands softly squeezed hers. We'd be in the park where she grew up playing. She'd think we're just on another date, just another picnic. But secretly photographers would be shielded behind trees, playgrounds just to capture the moment where I'd get down on one knee and say...

"Will you do it?" Lil egged on. "If we manipulated to get an answer our of her?"

My face become stern turning cold. I shook my head violently. "Don't mention this to her at all. I don't even want the idea of marriage in her head if she isn't in the right headspace. Let's let her live her life."

Lil moved back raising her hands in a chuckle. "Calm down Papa Bear. Jeez, possessive much?"

"She's mine."

"I know! Chill," she laughed nudging Ais who swatted at her. Then she waved her hand in front of my face. My eyes followed because what else were they supposed to do?