[TWO]

·AVIANA·

I gawked at the odious scar on my back through the mirror in the bathroom. It truly appalled me to look at it and be reminded of what was being done to me. It reminded me how I was rotting away in the basement of someone else's house while life waits for no one and continues on.

It had a dim, faded pink kind of color. The day I received this marking, it was a luminous, bright red. The blood wouldn't stop pooling from my back; I was convinced I was going to bleed out.

I remembered everything about this scar. How it happened, and why. I was only here for two weeks. Two weeks, and already branded "inefficient." I remembered it like it was yesterday.

"You're hungry. You need to eat," I told myself while I paced around the dusty basement that had apparently became my jail cell.

I wasn't hungry, but more like starving. My stomach begged for food with its non-stop growls and threats of feeding off of my fat. Honestly, I thought I had plenty and needed to lose some. But my mind was becoming numb in need of brain food.

Or really just regular food.

Food in the basement was very vacant and water was depleted. I had to wait for one of the people who lived in the rooms upstairs to remember that I was barely surviving down here, but it never occur to them unless I screamed or coughed up a lung. I was tired of being fed when they thought it was time.

I traced my hand on the dirt filled banister of the stairs before trailing up to the door. The silk night gown that I'd been wearing for seven days moved like water and it was quite comfortable. I threw away the other boy's sweatshirt after I saw that bone chilling, icy gleam in his baby blue eyes.

His face was undeniably handsome with a chiseled jaw and pink pouted lips. His brown hair was a messy mob on his head that only he could pull off. But beauty only ran skin deep. Because beneath those pretty features was an ugly soul devouring on someone else's misery. My misery. It was then I decided I hated Dom every time his taunting smirk replayed in my mind.

I pressed hard on the doorknob that separated me from them. My part of the house from theirs. My misery masked away from their jubilance. I broke through that wall that separated us, and walked out the basement.

No one was present. So I took it upon myself to give a mini tour until I found the refrigerator. It was like a huge silver box that stared at you while you walked by, but it was difficult to miss it. It even had pictures of the family.

Automatically I found Dom even if his face was younger and less sinful. He sat on a log with a face breaking grin next to the other boy. His brother. The one with dirty blonde hair and stormy eyes, and a very hushed personality. His smile was dimmed but joy was still sought on his face and a girl was behind them. The other girl who I guessed was their younger sister who slung an arm around both of them.

Opening up the fridge, I found pasta waiting for someone to claim it. My stomach growled in approval indicating that we were the people to claim it. I reached for it only to stop when I heard a booming voice.

"So you're a slave and a sneak," Dom chuckled. "I wanted to give you more credit then that, Aviana."

My name sounded tarnished, hideous and foreign in my ears when it came out his ugly mouth. I wanted to change it to something he couldn't pronounce.

"Wait until Dad finds out," he closed the fridge with a bang, making me flinch and back up. He grinned sinisterly.

"Please, Dom. I'm starving and I'm only looking for food," I begged loathing my own voice.

"Oh, no. You know you're suppose to wait for us to feed your ass," he stalked forward. "You made your bed, and now you sleep in it."

Dom roughly grabbed me by my arms. His fingers clawed into my biceps. I felt tears sting at the back of my eyes, but blinked them back. I heard his snickers before he threw me onto the sparkly white tile floor. I felt every bone in my body bark in pain.

"Please. Please. Leave me alone," I begged one last time. Dom rolled his eyes and stalked forward, bending down to my height. He squinted trying to look closer to whatever he was searching for. I tried not seethe at him, terrified that he would do more then just throw me.

"Dom?" his dad growled from the other room. I trembled knowing I was going to die. His dad loathed me with every living cell in him. I didn't know why. I didn't care.

"The slave sneaked up here looking for food. She said she was hungry but I think she was trying to escape," I saw the evil glint sparkle in his eyes.

I hated them all.

"Oh," his father breathed. For a minute I thought I was spared as he strolled out the room. For a minute I swore he was going to let me go with a simple warning. Until he waltzed into the room with a black bag. He took out a long whip from out the bag that resembled exactly what they used during slavery. I couldn't halt the salty, lukewarm tears that snaked their way down my face.

I shook my head too afraid to look and believe what he was going to do. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed in fear. Then I heard the crack of the whip. It was the most petrifying sound I've ever heard in my whole life. It shuddered through my bones almost breaking me. I remembered the agony my back felt. The throb, twinge, and anguishing pain wasn't something a fifteen year old should've witnessed.

Life wasn't fair.

Blood replenished the night gown I was wearing. It seeped through the silk and trailed down my legs to stain the floor. I started hyperventilating but that sucked the breath out of me because when I breathed all the pain was magnified on my back.

"Never do this again!" his father seethed. I glanced at the whip that had my blood trickling down to drip onto his hand. I swallowed.

"I hate you," I muttered, and I regretted it. Another crack.

More agony.

More tears.

A shrilling cry for help that thundered throughout the house, but no once came to rescue. Nobody ever cared about me. I was simply forgotten. Every piece of my dignity chipped away every single day. But who cares?

I was just a slave.

A/N: yes I'm updating like crazy but I'm excited abt this story! If you guys like it plss comment so I can still be hopeful! Thank you!
-M💋🐳