[FIFTY-THREE]

[FIVE YEARS AGO]
•AVIANA•

"Bye mommy!" I screamed excitedly walking down the porch with shaky legs. My black pumps matched my dress that hugged me tightly. My small body fit right into it like a glove on a hand. Tonight was going to be the night of my life and the excitement was fueling inside me.

"Via, wait!" screamed a small voice and a body running towards me. Novian raced down until he stood in front of me holding my phone. I smiled, my red lips on display. I ruffled his buzz cut hair making him frown.

"Thanks, Via."

"You're not funny," he crossed his arms over his chest, his ten-year old voice cracking a slightly. He hated when I called him Via but we both uniquely shared the nickname.

"Go back inside."

"Be safe, Via."

I nodded pleased that he even cared. "Will do, Nov. Now go back inside."

He hurried back inside, as I waited for Kahli. She said she wouldn't be long. I was waiting for a few minutes when a car rolled up bouncing like those cars in music videos. Kahli was in the back, and she opened the door for me to hop in. My heart was beating and working faster than the Flash. Kahli and I were going to a party we should've have been attending, but what was life without fun?

She and I sang on the top of our lungs although we knew we had to save some for the party. She and I chortled like we'd already been sipping some vodka. The car pulled up to a house that had strobe lights shooting out like lasers. I heard Nicki Minaj's voice shrieking from inside the building, and base of her song had the houses rattling.

Kahli helped me get out since I kind of had forgotten what it was like to walk in heels. We made it to the door before I could be on my own.

Inside, the place was filled with people from all ages. They were shaking their butts, bumping and grinding on anything that even slithered. Kahli held my hands, and whispered "I'm going to get a drink."

I had nodded okay and walked around the house that had music probably shaking every house on the block. People were making out in corners, others were jumping into the pool and going totally crazy. It was definitely a high school party.

I didn't want to look like that one person at a party who looked lonely so I walked to a desk that had drinks. Easily, I took one and began gulping it down as it hissed down my throat.

"Careful there," an easy voice sounded softly from behind me. I turned around to see a very gorgeous boy. And I mean, gorgeous.

His raven black hair was ruffled and it looked like his hands were the ones assalting it. It glistened under the light, and his steel blue eyes had me drooling and almost dropping my cup. They were the eyes every girl dreamt of having to look into every morning.

Even better, his tall build towered over me. His chest was broad, stretching his shirt which looked undeniably delicious on him. He smirked at me, his hands deep in his pockets.

"Are you here unsupervised?" he sounded like was mocking me, and it caused me to lie and want to defend myself .

"Please, I'm a grown woman. I can take of myself."

He only laughed, deep and rich. It rippled inside my bones, and seemed to strip me bare. Unconsciously, I smiled back allowing all my pearly whites to show. His eyebrows rose quickly before his eyes took me in once again.