[THIRTY-EIGHT]

A/N: READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END FOR INFORMATION ON FHE NEXT CHAPTER

•ANGEL•

Aviana stared mouth wide open at the crowd, balloons, and confetti that shot out at us. She swallowed slowly before turning to me, questions swirling in her eyes.

"Prom?" she couldn't even say the words and I just read the shape of her lips. I nodded.

"You didn't get the luxury of going to Prom. So Aislin, Novian, and I all came up with the idea of giving you a small prom. Your parents helped us invite your really close friends before... everything happened. So we planned a party/prom for you."

Her eyes watered before tears came crashing down her face.  It was like a cloud that could no longer hold the rain and had to let it pour.  My heart sunk, immediately thinking she hated it.  I was by her side the minute the tears fell, my arms around her. 

She buried her face close into my chest.  Everyone's eyes were on us as they observed the scene. Her whimpers sounded as she kept burying deep into my chest. I held her in my arms unsure of what else to do.

"I'm sorrry, we didn't mean to overwhelm you," Aislin was by our side in no time.  She rubbed Aviana's back before she turned from me to look at us.

"They're not tears of sadness," she began between sobs. "I'm... thankful. I'm thankful to have such thoughtful family and friends like you.  I'm overwhelmed with how much you all love me, and I couldn't hold back my tears.  I know I'm a crybaby, I'm sorry."

Everyone laughed, and my smile returned.  I thought she really hated it, and was beginning to think what she had against surprises.

"So we can party?" Aislin whispered.  Aviana nodded yes wiping away her tears.  Her makeup didn't smudge because I guess she was wearing those waterproof makeup or something.

"Let the party began!" she yelled.  Everyone erupted into a cheer before Kendrick Lamar blasted over the speakers and I had to move and watch the crowd engulf her.

"AVIANA! IT'S AUNT DONNA!" one of the people in the crowd yelled. Aviana smiled, and then it disappeared. She looked at Novian in the back who was dressed in a nice dress shirt with jeans. He shrugged with a smirk, his arms crossed in front of him. I went to stand next to him.

"Hey," I began. He looked at me before nodding a head.

"You're still... not cool with me?"

He turned his attention to me. "What do you want me to do man? Aviana clearly loves you. You don't need my approval."

I sighed. "I don't understand why you hate me so much."

"I don't hate you. I just don't want you to think you can just come into our lives and claim a spot. At least not to me," with that being said, he returned his attention back to his sister who was swarmed by people.

A skinny girl with reddish auburn hair walked up to us, her black mini dress rising up on her thighs. She wrapped an arm around Novian and kissed his cheek. Then she smiled at me. I was met with breathtaking almond shaped blue eyes.

"Hello. I'm Loriena.  Or Rose, according to my boyfriend," she giggled eyeing Novian who rolled an eye, but I didn't miss a small smile at the corner of his lips. 

"Angel.  Novian's sister's boyfriend."

She nodded dragging out her "oh."  She kept eyeing me to the point where I felt it to be very uncomfortable.  She was probably no older than 16, and I had a girlfriend who was her boyfriend's sister.  I excused myself and went out to get Via.