38 || dad

-Tori's POV-

.

"I-you-" I stutter until belle cut me off and reached her arms out for me. I moved forward and picked her up just as carl and rick came in.

Rick and carl both, at lightning speed took out their weapons and raised them at my dad. "carl" I whispered and his gaze turned to me and softened, "baby, what's wrong?" he asked and rushed towards me "don't touch her" my father yelled at carl, who had turned with rage in his eyes. "carl, that's my dad" I said, with wide eyes and a shaking body, belle clinging to my neck.

Carl didn't take the glare away from my dad as he took belle from me and into his arms. "I'll but her down for her nap" he said and walked away, kissing my cheek on the way out just to piss off my dad and to calm me down. "you're alive" he smiled and took a step closer. "touché" I replied.

"I thought the governor killed you" I exclaimed and carl came back, sliding an arm protectively around my waist. "I got out, I'm not sure about your mother" he told me honestly. "Can I hug you?" he asked. I nodded slowly. Daryl and rick still cautiously watching. carl didn't move more than a foot away from us as my dad wrapped his arms around me and I hugged his waist. "You're so grown up" he said and I pulled away, my back hitting carls chest, he held me closer and sat his chin on my head.

"You're going to have to stay in that cell for the time being" rick told him and opened the door.

Dad nodded and walked in. they took any weapon he had on him and searched him where as I was hugging carl. "my daddy's alive" I whispered and moved my face to kiss his lips. "I know" he said and pecked my lips again. "has belle eaten?" I asked and he shook his head no. "don't think so, you'd know though you're the one breast feeding" he joked and I giggled.

"Why are you breast feeding?" my dad snapped from behind us. "because that's what happens when you have a baby" I replied back. his eyes nearly popped out of his head when I said that. "you're joking, oh I get it" he started hysterically laughing. I looked at carl with a raised eyebrow while he mirrored the action. "I'm not kidding" I said bluntly.

His laughter stopped and he looked at me like I was crazy. "who'd you have a baby with?" he asked in disbelief.

He was being insanely rude right now.

"Uh, carl" I said without thinking.

"So you're telling me you had a baby when you were seventeen?"

"Yep" carl snapped and I sighed, pulling him to where Belle was looking at her crib designs.

"What are you doin baby girl? are you my silly girl? yes you are" I cooed and picked her up, placing her on my hip. "ready for lunch?"

.

It'd been a day and rick decided that Catherine was a danger to the group. she was to be killed tomorrow. we didn't want a repetition of Jason and killing just sounded more humane than to send her out on her own. she was currently locked up in a cell with my dad. they'd asked him questions and said he was fine so carl had just now decided to let him out. I held belle above my head by her sides as she smiled that wonderful smile and giggled. "Are you a mommy's girl, yes you are!" I cooed and kissed her face "I love you, yes I do" I cooed "and I love both of you" carl joined in and kissed my cheek.

"Want to meet your granddaughter, dad?" I asked and he nodded shyly and I passed her over while carl watched him like a hawk, ready to jumping if he made one wrong move.

Talk about overprotective.

"She's precious" he whispered to himself.

I rested my head on carls shoulder and she got fussy, squirming and scrunching her face up.

"Okay, come to daddy" carl coached and took her from my dad. her body immediately relaxing and a smile forming on her beautiful face. "my girl" he kissed her face, making her giggled.

-

[is this chapter long enough? It's kind of a make up gift for the last few chapters]