44 || twenty four seven

.

two days later tori was still shaken up about the incident and carl didn't like to leave her side until she was 102% okay. but his dad needed the help. so he did whatever any good dad would do, he did both, checked in on tori every hour or so and helped his dad or anyone else that needed it.

Tori was still a mom so she knew she couldn't just hang out, sulking all day. she had a 24/7 job.

"Carol" tori called into the hall because she knew she'd be there "yeah" Carol answered

"Can you find me Judith's bottle?" Tori asks as she bounced both babies on her lap.

Carol nodded before leaving to receive whatever tori needed. "we're running low on food. someone's gonna have to go on a run soon." carol spoke softly and delicately with tori, passing over the bottle.

"I'll tell Rick later" Tori assured her.

.

Later that day tori had moved outside for some fresh air.

She sat at the table, under the shade next to the water jugs and just listened to everyone talking and working. Hershel was walking around looking like he was on a mission. "whats up, hershel? anything i could help with?" the seventeen year old asked and he shook his head no. "I think i'm okay but thank you, tori." he declined her offer then walked away before she could say another word.

tori shrugged him off and got bored of sitting around and went to the gardens where carl, michonne and rick were. "well we're gonna need to get rid of all the walker bodies soon" rick said "i'll go later." michonne volunteered.

"not alone, someone has to go with you. you can bring hershel if you'd like" he suggested, and she nodded in surrender.

tori stepped forward, making her presence known and carls eyes lit up at the sight of her. "hi" she waved awkwardly, stepping to the side to hug carls waist

it still amazed everyone that even after being in a relationship for over a year, having a child and through all the drama, they're still in the honey moon phase. tori smiled at the thought and carls arm wrapped itself around her shoulders and his lips attached to her temple.

"that's fine" michonne shrugged and nudged tori's shoulder "you and lover boy forgetting something?" she hinted and nodded behimd the two love birds where Beth stood with both kids "oh, sorry Beth, i thought she was asleep" tori apologized and Beth shook her head dismissively. "no big deal, what's one more kid" she joked and passed belle to Carl who had been waiting all day to see his baby girl.

"thank you, Beth" She smiled in appreciation and Rick reached for his daughter who was silently sucking on her teathing toy. he took his baby into his grip and his mood instantly changed. "michonne," he ordered "why don't you go get hershel and carl might help you fill the truck." He returned to his daughter with a smile on his face.

.

and that's how the day went. carl helped load the truck then his dad gave him the day off for 'family time'

that basically meant that carl, mika, tori and belle were helping Carol during story time and since all the kids adored carl and Tori over the fact that they're 'big kids' and 'are in love' or 'will braid your hair any time they can'.

okay, the last one was mostly Tori.

But you get the idea, the kids love them being there. after story time they sent mika to play with her friends because lets be real, what kid wants to watch two hormonal teenagers kiss and hang out around a smelly baby that cries whenever mommy or daddy leaves, not Mika. Tori always enjoyed carls company but getting him for this long was a treat, and getting a break from carrying around a heavy baby 24/7 was also a good thing. So, Tori and carl cuddled with their baby and gushed about how much they loved each other. Like typical seventeen year olds.