10 || his arms

-Tori's POV-

I tacked up one of the horses and just as I was about to hop on, I heard my name being called from the prison. I turned to see carl, making his way to the barn. "what's up?" I ask him, tightening the girth again to waste time. "we need to talk" "I'd love to, but I'm leaving right now." I said and emptied the saddle bag.

"what? where are you going" he asked, his voice squeaked. I held back a giggle. "on a run with michonne" I shrugged and handed him the comic books that were left in the bag. "thanks. well I needed to apologize before you left." he muttered. I put my hand on my hip and waited.

"I'm really, really, really sorry this happened. I didn't mean to yell at you. it sucks knowing that you're mad at me. we've been-" he paused, as if not knowing what to say. hell, I wouldn't know what to say either. we've kissed maybe twice. "Together or hanging out, for five weeks now and I've already screwed it up. I'm so sorry." he finished.

"I'm sorry too" I said and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. his lips met mine in a sweet and gentle kiss before Daryl called "get some carl!" I laughed into the kiss and put my hands on his cheeks. he pulled away and peppered kisses all over my face making me giggle, he kissed my nose before Daryl called out again, "I was kidding" I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging his torso.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, kissing the top of my head and wrapping his arms around me. "I don't think I'll be able to separate them now" michonne said to Daryl I presume "I'll go. they aren't going to leave each others sides, right guys?" Daryl called to us. We nodded and I moved my head to kiss Carl's cheek.

"young love" michonne muttered to Daryl and walked past us. I giggled, carl took my hand then led me to story time.

i sat in carls lap, just enjoying his company and listening to his steady heart beat. he played with my hair the whole time and I watched Mika and Lizzie.

-

Story time was over and Mika, along with a few other Woodbury kids came up to carl and I. "what's up baby girl?" I asked, smiling at her and the other kids. "could you braid our hair?" One of the little blonde girl asked. "sure" I smiled and moved off of carls lap, taking a seat next to him. he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple. The other kids made disgusted faces and covered their eyes. "oh, please" I scoffed as I fishtailed the little girls hair. "There you go, hun" I smiled and she hugged me before yelling for her mom to look at her hair.

After I braided all of their hair, carl helped me up and we walked through the halls and out to the fences. "Carl" rick yelled from the pig pen. Carl intertwined our fingers and pulled me to his dad. "yeah?"

"could you and tori go find Mika? I need to talk with her about Lizzie." he said and continued to feed the pigs. "sure" we responded in unison.

-

carl went to check the library and the courtyard for Mika while I went to check the cell blocks.
"Mika?" I said peering into her cell that she and Lizzie previously shared.

I screamed in fright at the sight in front of me.

Tears fell rapidly from my eyes as I heard my name being called multiple times in the distance. Time seemed to move in slow motion, my body fell slack and my knees buckled beneath me. faint fingers wrapped around my arms before I could fall.

"Tori!"

-