1 || better days

-Tori's pov-

-

Taking in my surroundings I find a store that looks well secured from walkers, a sight i longed for.

being nearly an hour away from Woodbury made the heavy weight on my shoulders lift like a cloud.

Cautiously I walked into the run down, moldy store with my knife ready and my gun tucked into my shirt.

I quickly wiped the dry tears from my face and pick up a purse which hung on a plastic rack with few other bags.

Scoping out the rest of the store I find a larger and stronger cloth bag for foods and water. I use the purse for medicine, and any other small supplies needed.

a stomp of a foot made my heart skip in horror.

"Why don't you just let me clear it?" I hear a voice angrily bicker. The voices barked at each other like two dogs on either side of a fence.

"I'm not letting you clear it alone carl, you're only seventeen!" A voice boomed. the voice sounded overpowering and showed leadership. it was a voice that made you want to crawl into a small space. I cowered as a tear ran down my pink cheeks.

"Whatever" the boy spat.

I heard the door swing open causing a loud boom, I fell back in surprise and knocked down the glass case that had stood beside me, making it shatter.
shards flew about, and unfortunately for me, my leg had gotten stuck beneath the broken glass and had now cut open my exposed leg in a more than a few different places.

I yelled out in pain, muttering a string of curse words in the process.

"Shhh" a voice cooed from the other end of the counter.

"who are you" I look up from my gushing leg and see a boy with a sherif hat and a man with slightly curly brown hair, both had their guns pointed at my face.

"hi, my names tori and I'd love to stay and chat but i'd rather not die of infection so if you'd get that gun away from my face i'd appreciate it greatly." I sneer. this day had gone from worse to worse to even worse to good to good and back to even worse.

The two shared a look before putting their guns in their bags and the adult picked me up while dragging me to the door, tossing me to the wall. After patting me down and taking my weapons I whined in both frustration and pain.

"I have three questions before we can fix your leg" he demanded. This guy was scary.

I nodded, unable to speak. my leg had gone numb now.
"How many walkers have you killed?"
"How ever many I had to." I answered, running my bloody hands through my hair.
"How many people have you killed?"
"None."
"Why."
"I needed to survive."

"We're bringing you to our group, we'll make sure you get checked out and will keep you safe. Only for a while though. until you're back on your feet." he said, unfazed by the situation.

I groan as my head rolls back in agony. I nodded, unable to utter a word in response.

multiple whimpers left my parted lips as he pushes me into the back of a car. His boy trailing behind with bags if supplies then hopping in the front seat.

The boy dug through my bag before setting it at his feet

-

The man with curly hair dragged my nearly unconscious body into the cement building. I whimpered with every step he took.
he followed his son, who's severely angry into a room of people.
the kid seems like a generally unhappy person.

"Okay everyone, this is," the guy paused, silently asking for my name. "tori" I filled in, my voice hoarse. "Yeah, Tori. Carl and I found her on the run. she's injured, Hershel, could you give her a hand?" He says introduces.

an older man stood and approached us.

"She's staying in this cell until she's further questioned then she's in carls cell, I guess. we have no where else for her until we empty the other cell block" he said, walking calmly into another room.

Carl helped me into a prison cell and Hershel followed after him.

"this may hurt now" he warned and carl leaned up against the wall watching.

Kind of emotionlessly.
I wonder if he's always like that.

My heavy eyes widen when a strong pain shot up through my leg making me jolt forward.

the elder called carl over and he approached me taking hold of my arms and pulling me back.

"Stop moving. you're not helping anybody" he stated

After that, my head fell slack.

-

I woke up in a cell with my leg wrapped and my bag on the table. Still no weapons.

The door was open which resulted in me getting up slowly and limping through the cement halls and found a somewhat kitchen area where everyone was talking and just having a good time and enjoying each others company.

They seem like a nice group of people.

"Hey, look who woke up" the older man who I now know as Hershel said, smiling happily.

"Yeah" I mutter "thanks for um helping me yesterday" I continue, scratching the back of my neck as I do so.

"No problem."

I grab two granola bars from my bag and eat them for breakfast before falling to sleep again, the drugs Hershel gave me were causing my sleep pattern to increase immensely.

-