46 || first crawl

[picture of belle on the side :)]

.

To everyones relief michonne and Hershel came back an hour and a half later, covered with blood and dirt. they hopped out of the car, tired, feeling gross and in need of a shower.

Beth was the first one to rush to her daddy and cling to his neck, soon followed by Maggie. "I'm so happy you're okay" tori said, sighing in relief "we almost weren't" michonne mumbled, her voice raspy and her eyes, like always, were dark and held many unanswerable secrets. "What happened?" Rick asked and we turned our attention back to michonne and Hershel. "We'll talk later" rick warned everyone and we all took the hint to get back to work and focus.

"C'mon Hershel, i'll get you some lunch, let's clean you up" tori offered and he shrugged, following her into the prison.

.

Later that night tori and carl were cuddling on their bed, tori tracing carls bare bicep. The two had finally had a night off from belle who had passed out from today's activities of starting to crawl.

She was sitting on the ground, on a blanket, as tori helped Hershel clean himself up and make him lunch, (more like give him dry cereal). and next thing you know belle was crawling to her mama's feet and pulling on the bottom of her skinny jeans.

Watching her own daughter crawl around didn't seem like much but to tori it was a big deal. With tears in her eyes and a happy heart she leaned down and took her daughter into her arms, giving her a light squeeze. she sat her down again on the blanket and backed up a few steps, kneeling down to belle's height, opening her arms for belle and calling for her "can you come to me? c'mon. come to mama. come here baby girl" tori had cooed and couldn't wipe the smile off her face. belle giggle, crinckling up her face before going on her fours and making her way to her mom who was the happiest she's been in a long time.

-

"I love you" tori whispered, continuing the pattern of carls arm and kissing his shoulder blade. "I love you too" he replied, keeping his tired eyes closed.

"Mom" a small voice called from the doorway and tori peeked over carls chest to see Mika, standing there patiently. "what's wrong? why aren't you in bed?" tori asked "well, I wanted to go play with one of my friends" mika suggested, warily looking at her mum. "I'm sorry, it's too late right now. you should be in bed anyway." tori said. she hated having to say no to Mika and she hated to see her face drop when she did. but it was too late to go play, not to mention dangerous.

"Dad" Mika pleaded, coming out as a whine and carl, groaning quietly, turned to Mika. "Neither of us will feel safe not being able to watch you outside so no, I'm sorry. but you, as much as we do, need your sleep so get to bed" carl said, his voice getting deeper everyday, much to Tori's approval, and gave her a small smile. She huffed in annoyance and stomped out of the room.

Carl sighed from beside tori and pulled his beautiful, red headed girlfriend into him, automatically she cuddled into his chest and they fell asleep happily in each others arms, where they belonged.