52 || mom

-Tori's pov-

Rick, Sasha, bob, Tyreese, carl and I were all helping clear the fences so the walkers didn't knock it over. My hand gripped the pole tightly as I forcefully shoved it on one or their bug infested skulls.

"wow I forgot how disgusting this was" I said, backing away as one of them snapped their arm and blood sprayed my jeans.

"It's pretty gross" Sasha agreed.

-

I sat on the 'counter' in the 'kitchen' where carol was making dinner. "where's belle?" she asked, peering up at me through her lashes, a small smile on her lips. "I put her down for a nap." I said, continuing to chop up some vegetables. "well-" she started but rick yelling at someone to not come any closer caught us off guard.

unable to let carol finish her sentence i jumped up from my seat and rushed to the front gate. Carls eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as he looked out onto the fields. I followed his gaze and my eyes landed on a woman. Dirt covered her entire face and her clothes were baggy. I slowly walked over to Carl and wrapped my arms around his waist. his hand was on his gun still as he asked, "where's belle"

"nap." i replied, he wrapped the hand that wasn't secured on his gun around my shoulders and the woman turned her attention to us. "please help me, i lost my daughter and husband and I can't survive anymore on my own. please, i just need somewhere safe to stay" she pleaded, Rick turned to us then back to her. "drop all your weapons and put your hands up. do not move until we say so" he ordered, him and Daryl walking forward and opening the fences. carl sighed in relieve as she dropped her weapons, a small knife and gun then rick pats her down.

He grabbed the woman by the forearm then walked the woman up the path, Daryl trailing a few feet behind them. i managed to push my body against carl as she walked passed, Rick was telling her that she was going to answer a few questions before she could even think about staying.

Carl kissed my forehead as she passed then led me back into the prison and to belle who was screaming her tiny lungs out

"shit" i cursed and quickly picked her up from her spot in the crib. her cries got quieter and carl carresed her cheek in attempt to comfort her. "diaper" we said in unison, i handed her to him "your turn" i deadpanned, handing her to him "i hate you" he mumbled, walking into our cell "you love me" i called back with a grin.

"who is he?" i heard a small voice ask. I turned and saw the woman, except her face was cleaned up, not as many layers of clothes clung to her frail body and it was then that i realized i knew her.

"mom?" i asked, my jaw falling slack as i looked at her. "tori!" she cried, i didn't move. Just stood there looking at the woman before me. the person that raised me until i was fourteen and bought me toys when i was just a little girl. she was my mom and i thought i had lost her years ago. "who's the boy?" she asked again, sitting on the pavement with a frown on her lips. "oh uh- that's carl" i said, nodding my head.

"is he one of your friends?" she asked again. "you could say that" carl said from behind me, belle propped in his arms. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked at us. "well who's baby is that?" she retorted, folding her arms over her chest with a small smile on her lips.

hershel walked into the room just before she asked the question. "find beth?" he asked, patting carl on the back as he walked passed us. " no but we managed" i answered, ignoring my moms question. I turned to Carl and motioned for him to pass me belle and he handed her over then pecked my cheek.

"I'm gonna go find my dad, don't miss me too much, okay" he grinned, leaning down to kiss my lips then press a kiss to belles head. "I'll be right back. I love you" he promised, one foot out the door. "I love you too" I replied, he grinned then finally stepped out of the door.

"Tori, I'm asking this one more time, who's baby is that" she growled, scowling up at me.

"Mine" I swallowed hard, belle tugged at my hair and gnawed at the material of carls. "I'm sorry- I think I heard you wrong," she put her hand up as if giving me a warning. "who's baby is that" she repeated, her voice firm and angry

"Why are you angry?" I asked, ignoring her repetition and bounce belle on my hip. "you are seventeen, Tori. a child yourself." she yelled which caused belle's face to scrunch up and a whimper to leave her frowning lips.

"Now look what you've done" I muttered and repositioned her in my arms. Hershel smiled warmly- with a look of sympathy. I diverted my gaze to the ground and bounced belle on my hip. "she's not going to stop until carls here" I say under my breath and walk towards the door with a frown etched into my features.

"I can not believe you" i heard my mother angrily mutter profanities to herself as i stepped out the door.

-