33 || bottles and adoption

-Tori's POV-

.

"So as you know carl and I have been talking about, adopting you, if you will," I started, clutching carls hand as we sat across from Mika at a table. She nodded.

"right, so, if you would like, we'd like you to join our family, because i already think of you as a daughter and carl wants you to be his we agreed that it'd be good for you" I said and she grinned "really?" she whispered, like she couldn't believe what she was hearing "really" carl agreed and she leaned over the table to wrap her tiny arms around us. "well it's story time so why don't you go get ready and head over" I suggested and she nodded before leaving in a hurry.

I sighed happily and leaned my head on carls shoulder "that Catherine kid hit my gut pretty hard." I moaned and hugged his waist. "I love when you go all momma bear, it's cute."

"I guess we're both a little overprotective" I said shyly

.

"She doesn't like the bottle" I whined when belle, once again, spit out the bottle I was attempting to feed her. "it takes a while." Hershel assured me. "but I've been trying for the past like week and she still won't take it." I groan and carol piped into the conversation "it took Sophia a long time to take them."

"I didn't know you had a kid" I gasp and she nods, sadly.

"I'm sorry" I continued and she shrugged "you couldn't do anything about it. it's ok. it was a long time ago anyway."

"I'm still sorry" I frown and felt a tug on the bottle

She took it. I beam at my beautiful baby girl and she closed her eyes

"Oh thank god. now carl can feed her in the middle of the night hopefully" I joked and Hershel laughed "my wife would always give me a hard time because I wouldn't take care of maggie in the middle of the night" he trailed off and smiled faintly

I chuckled before she dozed off.

.

"Carl!" I squealed and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist "whoa, what's up" he smiled up at me and I kissed his cheek "belle took the bottle so now you can take her in the middle of the night." I poked his chest and he kissed my lips "only because I love you"

I scoffed "only because you love our daughter, right"

"Right" he agreed and set me down.