59 || anti - shut down

Just so you know - this chapter isn't supposed to be written as if it's been six months/ like its a time hop. It's only a few days later I think.

-

The amount of people the prison had taken in was insane. Tori and carl had been on the council for about six months now and they had all decided, seeing as all the locations that could possibly hold anything worth something was wiped out in the area, a large group from the prison was leaving for a fifty mile journey to a large area to stock up on extra food and more supplies. They'd hit every place they could and pack everything into the cars they had and found.

Carl, Beth, Hershel, Tori and a few others were staying at the prison to keep everything in line but unfortunately, and much to Hershel's dismay, Rick was going.

Carl wasn't excited about this and when he heard the news he angrily stomped to his and Tori's cell.

-tori-

"Rick is gonna be absolutely fine on this run, he's not going to let anything happen. Especially when he has a son, a beautiful daughter and granddaughter. I know he'll make it back." Carl wasn't very happy with the decision his dad had made and was taking the situation way out of hand, in my opinion.

I reached my arms out and gripped his wrists, pulling him down onto the bed with me. "Both my parents are going and it's not an issue because I know they'll make it back. Christ babe, he's rick grimes! No walker could take him down." I beamed at carl, raising my hand to wipe a tear off his cheek.

"I love you" I whispered.
Carl let out a sigh, pulling me onto his lap and playing with my fingers. "I love you too," he replied quietly, kissing my knuckles. "I really hope everyone makes it back safely." he shook his head to rid himself of the thought and laid back, pulling me down with him.

-

Today was the day. The whole week I had been dreading this day. I knew carl would be in a mood unless he was around belle and I. Carl has some moments where he shuts down. his body language changes, just like his dad when he's being protective of the group. carls eyes turn to a terrifying black, this happens if anyone he doesn't know comes even close to belle or me. he's possessive and that's not a bad thing. I just wish he didn't shut down when someone leaves the prison, it happens a lot in the apocalypse.

I let out a sigh, pulled on my jeans and walked out the door. carl didn't sleep at all last night, he tossed and turned the whole night - of course this resulted in me not getting that much sleep. when you add belle waking us up crying then I would probably say I got about two straight hours of sleep.

Carl sat at a table, his gun was inches from his hand and his other was running through his hair repeatedly. I slowly inched toward him, eventually sitting beside him on the bench and leaning my head on his shoulder. "I love you, Carl. Don't shut yourself off, rick and michonne and Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, they are going to make it back." I stood from my seat and rest my hands on his shoulder, lowering myself to his ear, my lips brushed his skin, I whispered. "I need you, belle needs you. so does the rest of the prison. You're a good person carl grimes, don't ruin yourself." I pressed a lingering kiss on his cheek. "He'll be okay."

Telling him everything was okay is all I can do, now I have to wait and see if he takes my advice and relaxes or if he'll shut everyone out.

-

This is really short but I knew it's been like a month since I've updated but I'm editing all my stories right now and ive been insanely busy with school so bare with me. ok ok bye
-