35 || no

-Tori's POV-

.

Catherine hadn't necessarily bothered me, today.

After yesterday she left me alone, along with carl.

I was happy about that but rick and Daryl and basically everyone that likes the two of us would look out for carl and I, wouldn't leave her alone with anyone from our family, now that the situation had been addressed.

"I don't think that's a good idea, honey" I muttered to Mika. she had just asked to go play with Catherine. why? I don't know.

"Why?" She whined and she tried to pull the puppy face. "I said no" I replied sternly and she sighed in annoyance.

"I don't want you with her, Mika. I want you safe and I'd just worry about you. I want you to play with the kids, not a fifteen year old girl when you're eight." I said after a few second pause.

She nodded, "okay, I'll go to story time" and moped as she walked away, gloomily.

.

"Mika asked to play with Catherine today" I said to carl as I folded a few shirts and he got ready for bed

"really, you said no, right?" he asked and I nodded, humming a "mhm"

"Well what'd you tell her?" he asked and I sat on the bed next to him "just that I didn't want her around Catherine and I'd worry too much." I shrugged and he pulled us back so we were on our sides, front to front.

"That's good. taking care of two kids is hard, but I'm happy" he said suddenly after a moment of silence. "I'm happy too. I love you"

"And I, you"