4 || chestnuts

- carl -

-

I left the room, passing Mika and Lizzie on the way. "What'd you need me to do?" I ask, opening the gate and approaching my dad. "We're helping Hershal with a few things" I nod and he leads the way into the forest with Hershel.

-

-Tori's POV-

-

Rocking Judith back and forth during story time wasn't as fun as it sounded, I'd been trying all day to keep her quite but nothing had been working. She let out another whimper and then a loud cry. I stood as quickly as possible and walked out of the room and back into mine and carls cell. I changed her diaper and fed her, burped her, nothing was working. Normally she loves me and just never cries. I don't know what her problem is. "your daddy and brother will be back in a little while I promise. please stop crying, Judith." The constant tears running down her face were overwhelming. "shh. shh. shh. it's okay" I cooed.

"May you only need the light when it's burning low,

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow,

Only know you love her when you let her go,

Only know you've been high when your feeling low,

Only hate the road when your missing home,

Only know you love her when you let her go,

And you let her go" she drifted off to sleep, I set her in the 'crib' and exited the room. Carl, rick and Hershel walked through the open gates with three horses that didn't look happy, they also had another pig. "where'd you get these beauties?" I ask rick taking the black horse from his hold.

[ im not going to write specific things about horses because I highly doubt that any of you know what they mean(: sorry for the a/n in the middle of the chapter. ]

"Well Hershel thought they'd help us." "As long as I get to train them" I grin. "did you ride?" hershal asked. "My entire life" I replied. "Then what do we do with them now?" carl asked moving away from the horse throwing small kicks at him.

I handed back the horse to rick and took carls, pushing him away so the horse didn't rear and hurt him. I tightened my grip on the angry mare (girl) and she struggled, swinging her head in the air, backing up while I tugged on her face. Eventually she gave up and blew her nose at the ground loudly. "what's it doing now?" carl asked. "she's just upset and scared." I told him. "she'll calm down" I stroked her neck and smiled at carl. "she's probably around 5, maybe 6" I told hershal and lifted her lip, to look at her teeth. "they'll need to settle down before we break them again. they all have at least their front shoes so they're already trained but it's been a long time and they have been out there so long they've forgotten how humans interact with them." Hershel informed Rick and Carl and we led them into the pen. One by one I took a horse, the chestnut that freaked out being the last. I shut the gate of the poorly made pen then rick and Hershel left, rick went to check on Judith and I don't know what Hershel did.