14 || protective

-Tori's POV-

.

I plunge the knife into the awful looking walkers skull and turned back to carl who had taken out the other one. "C'mon" he told me. I nodded and followed him to the baby section. "we need baby food and diapers." he said and moved a few things on the shelves. i put all the bottles into my bag and he was carrying two bags of diapers. "think you're a little old for those babe" I joked and he nudged my shoulder. "lets go."

.

"Here's the baby food and the diapers are in the car" I said to the group and walked back to my shared cell. "tori" Mika yelled and ran toward me. "hi honey" I said stiffly as she hugged my waist. "are you hurt?" she asked and looked up at me with red eyes. "no what happened to you? why are you crying?" she sniffled and squeezed me tighter. "I couldn't find you and I didn't know where you were. I asked carol and she didn't know I-" I shushed her and kissed her forehead. "it's okay, I'm here. I'm fine." I said and she nodded.

I heard a pair of feet beat against the floor of the staircase and craned my neck to see carl. "hey" he breathed and quickly kissed me. "where'd you run off to, I was looking for you" he said when we pulled away "I've been gone for 5 minutes" I said and raised an eyebrow at him. "yeah but-" he was interrupted "Jesus kid, she's fine. quit it with the overprotectiveness" Daryl said from across the hall. I giggled while carl flipped him off. "Mika, go play with the others" I nudged her and she stumbled to the staircase and out the door. ''what's up, mr. can't-let-my-girlfriend-out-of-my-sight?" I joked and wrapped my partly bloody arms around his neck. "just making sure my pride and joy is safe and happy" he said and a blush rose to my cheeks. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "Aw oh my god, look" I snapped my head to the first floor and Beth stood there looking up at us, standing with carol. they both giggled and quickly left, knowing they "interrupted" i giggled and looked back at carl. I quickly kissed his cheek and he looked at me, pouting. "missed my lips" he snapped, jokingly and I shrugged "sorry." I said "gotta earn that" I teased and left his warm embrace. "no no no" he said and his fingers grazed my arm and I pulled it away quickly dodging it. and running away from him and down the stairs. I ran through the halls, our footsteps echoing. i opened the doors and ran into the gardening area. "tori" carl yelled and I heard his giggle. i stumbled and fell to the ground with extra weight on my back.

Carl sat over me, his legs around my waist and hands holding mine over my head. "i love when you laugh" I gushed and stopped struggling. "i love the way your eyes crinkle and the way it sounds, you're just perfect all around and I love it" I said and his bright, bright blue eyes looked back at mine.

He leaned down and kissed me long and softly. he let go of my hands and immediately they went to his hair, like he loved. I pulled back to catch my breath and he kissed my lips multiple times before resting his forehead against mine. "Easy" I said and he laughed, his arm swinging over my shoulders. as we walked through the grass he kissed my temple, his lips staying there for a few moments before he pulled back and walked us through the prison and to our room.

.

"Carl" rick shouted. the body underneath me jolted up and gently placed me onto the soft bed. "Why- um?" I muttered and felt the body get replaced with a pillow. "Jackass" I said quietly and threw it at him. "hey" he shrieked "watch it" he continued "you watch it, jerk. think you can put a pillow there and I won't notice?" I grunted, a smile plastered on my face and he took a step forward from the doorway to kiss my forehead. "sorry" he muttered and I nodded "carl!" rick yelled louder. carl rolled his eyes "hold on" he yelled back and kissed my cheek before running out of the room. I sighed and pulled on my jeans and saw that carl forgot his holster. I grabbed my gun and knife and carls holster. I quickly walked past Daryl and tyreese who were eating something like oatmeal. I opened the metal, heavy door and walked down the stairs to carl and his dad who were talking. I waited until carl nodded looking down and rick patted his shoulder walking away. he looked up at me. "you forgot your holster, you okay?" I handed him the holster and he nodded, side smiling at me. "okay well did you eat breakfast? I'm not letting you work the entire day without eating, carl and don't try to object because you and I both know you won't unless I make you" I said quickly before he could stop me. he huffed "I'll get lunch I need to help my dad fill the car for another run." he said "what? we just went on a run yesterday." I said and rose an eyebrow. "I know but we need more amo" he told me, I nodded "alright well I'll see you later" I said and turned to leave "hey tori," he called, gripping my wrist to stop me. "What?" "I need to tell you something tonight, in the watchtower" he muttered and looked at his feet "What- wait, why in the tower" I stumbled with my words "I'll tell you up there. later baby" he kissed me gently before running off.

.

"Carl" I called into the tower once I reached the top. i saw him leaning against the railing and turned to look at me, the moonlight shining on his face.

he's literally flawless

"Hey" he said softly and fidgeted with his fingers. I slowly walked towards him and took hold of his hands and intertwined our fingers. "what'd you want to talk about?" I asked quietly. "I- um I know we're only 17 and all that but i don't think the old rules still apply. i think that i was lucky enough to have found a person that makes me happy and so far that's all you've done. Sure, we've had a few small fights over dumb things that seemed important in that moment, but since you found us, since I laid my eyes on you I've felt so protective and dominant over you. you're all I care about anymore since my mom and Judith" he choked out the words and looked at our hands "I'm rambling, sorry, I just had to tell you that I um- I love you, okay?" He rushed out the last few meaningless yet meaningful words.

.