Dally

Soda, Darry, Steve, Pony and me are all sitting in the living room when Noel, Blair and Two-Bit come into the house.

"I'm going outside." Blair says immediately and Pony follows her.

"Where have you guys been?" Darry asks and Noel sighs.

"Blair got caught stealing a pack of cigarettes." She tells us as Two-Bit makes his way to the kitchen and gets a beer.

"Damn the kid is sneaky." I joke and Noel looks at me.

"I'm kidding." I throw my hands up in defense and she shakes her head.

"Did any of you say anything to her about getting arrested?" She questions and we all look at each other.

"You told her stories about going to jail didn't you." She reads our minds and Steve laughs. I notice Soda staring at Noel.

"In our defense the kid asked for the stories." He says and Noel plops onto the couch. Soda tenses up as she catches his stare and he looks away.

"Can I ask you guys something?" She asks.

"You just did." Two-Bit teases as he takes a sip of beer.

"Do you think I could go back to school?" She questions.

"What do you mean?" Soda asks and she shrugs.

"I mean I never graduated and I want to give a brighter future to my baby."

"Our baby." Soda corrects.

"No not really." She snaps as I sit next to her.

"Kid you do whatever you want. I personally don't enjoy the whole learning pit of hell but we'll help you." I tell her and she laughs. Ashton comes into the house and I notice she has bruises and cuts on her face. I stand up and walk over to her.

"What happened?" I ask her as I put my hands in her shoulders. Her eyes are wide and scared making the blue pop out more.

"I bumped into my dad." She tells me and I start to walk toward the door.

"No don't Dally. He's drunk and he's got a switch and a loaded heater." She stops me and I sigh.

"Fine." I roll my eyes as she hugs me. She buries her face in my chest and I kiss the top of her head. I notice everyone staring at us and I laugh.

"What are ya looking at ya filthy bastards?" I ask and everyone laughs.

"Language!" Noel yells and I laugh. I pull Ashton out onto the porch and she smiles. I kiss her before she can start rambling about why it's not a good idea for me to go after her dad.

"Dally.. I-"

"Shh don't talk." I cut her off. We stand on the porch and kiss each other until we realize that their going to start to wonder what happened to us so we went to The Dingo and left them wondering.