Noel

Noel's P.O.V

"He doesn't want it." I pace the room panicking as everyone stares at me.

"He's just scared." Ponyboy says and I sigh.

"I knew I shouldn't have rushed into something like this." I shake my head.

"Kid sit down. Your oxygen isn't gonna last forever." Dally says as I sit down.

"Wanna smoke?" He asks holding up a cigarette and I stare at him.

"I'm just kidding." He laughs.

"I have bigger worries than not smoking for a couple months." I tell him and he sighs.

"Listen kid if Soda doesn't want the baby than that's his problem." Dally says and I nod.

"He's still sixteen." Ponyboy defends and I nod.

"Pony I'm sorry.. I know Soda is your brother and you want to protect him." I say and he shrugs.

"It's fine." He says but I know it's not. All of a sudden the door opens and Darry and Dawn appear. Johnny is the first one to hug Dawn. Darry hugs me first I don't really understand why but he does.

"Soda told me everything.." He whispers and I bury my face in his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He adds and I shake my head as Dawn hugs me. It isn't really a hug because of her ginormous baby bump but she's trying.

"I'm sorry." She whispers and I shrug.

"It was bound to happen." I whisper back and she smiles as she looks at me.

"I'm here for you." She promises and I smile. Soda comes into the house and everyone gets silent. He stares at me but I look at my beat up blue converse.

"Can I talk to you.. In private?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Whatever you have to say to me you can say to everyone." I tell him and he sighs.

"I think it would be best.. For you and our child-"

"My child." I cut him off and he shakes his head.

"If you moved out.." He finishes and everyone stands up.

"No.. She doesn't have to move out." Dawn says as Soda looks down.

"She's pregnant she can't live on her own." Blair says.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" Ashton yells.

"No. I can do it." I finally say and everyone looks at me.

"It's not any different from when I was pregnant with Caleb just keep out the drunk mom and it's the same thing." Blair glances at me as the words come out of my mouth.

"You can live with me." Two-Bit pipes up.

"What?" Darry asks and he nods.

"My mom just moved up to Maine. I've got two spare rooms. You and Blair can move in." Two-Bit explains and I look at Blair.

"What do you say baby bear?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"It sounds good to me." She says and I nod.

"Alright.." I say as I look at Soda.

"We'll be out of here by Friday. Two days. Can you stand us that long?" I question as he walks out of the house. Dawn smiles as she turns to me.

"So you're expecting one too?" She asks and I shrug.

"Hopefully just one." She smiles and I smile back and in that moment.. I forget about Soda and the baby.