Noel

Noel's P.O.V

"What the fuck do you mean you don't want the baby?" I ask before she can say anything.

"I mean me and Darry have only been together for two months.. It doesn't feel right.. Like you said." She tells me.

"You listen to me. Goddammit, Dawn if you thought you were screwed.." I lightly laugh before I begin to tell the story.

"I was fifteen and I never knew what love was so me and my boyfriend had only been together for a month and I got pregnant. He left as soon as I told him. I got through nine months of carrying that baby around at fifteen. My mom almost beat me to death after it was born though, right in the hospital too." She looks sad as I try to lighten to mood.

"Was it a boy or a girl?" She asks and I sigh.

"It was a boy.. " I tell her as I continue my story.

"I found him a good family and they adopted him.. You think you'll be okay after giving up the baby but you can't be. You just can't because when you think about it that was a human being.. that was someone you could've had in your life.." I trail off as tears fill my eyes.

"His name was Caleb.. The family sends me pictures of him sometimes.. He looks so happy.. I never could've given him that. And seeing those pictures of him and his new parents makes me feel as though I saved someone... but it's terrible because you never get over that 'what if'.. I love Caleb but I could've never given him a bright future. You have a chance to give this baby a future and.. Y-You need to k-keep i.. it." My sentences start to get choppy as I start to gasp for air.

"Are you okay Noel?" She asks and I grab the sides of the bed. I put my hands around my throat as I still gasp for air so she gets that I can't breathe.

"I'll get the nurse." She quickly rushes out of the room as I feel like my lungs are collapsing under their own weight. When Lucy comes back she has at least four other nurses and a doctor trying to restore my breathing but it's too late. Darkness takes over me before they can even reach me.