Dally

Dally's P.O.V

After Noel and Soda get used to each other being with each other without nurses or doctors coming in and out of the room I sit next to Noel in an attempt to understand why she got beat.

"So what's wrong with you?" I ask her and she's sighs.

"When they held my throat he squeezed too hard and it closed my airways and they couldn't open back up because when they kicked me they all kicked the back of my lungs and it bruised my lungs." She explains and I shake my head.

"You're so st-"

"Stupid. Yeah I know Dallas you don't have to tell me." She cuts me off as she turns off the oxygen tank and pulls the tube out. She gasps for a second and buries her head in her hands, trying to regain her breath.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as I rub her shoulder.

"I'm fine. It.. It just that.. My lungs get used to the tank that they forget what real air is.." She sits up straight and stares at the ceiling.

"I hate this." She sighs as she looks over to me.

"I'm so sleepy.." She whispers and I smile.

"Tell me a story." She pulls a blanket over herself and I laugh.

"Once upon a time there was girl named Noel and she loved a boy named Sodapop and-"

"I don't love Soda." She cuts me off.

"Whatever. You guys are all over each other." She shrugs as she closes her eyes.

"Last time I fell in love too fast I ended up pregnant and alone." I'm intrigued by her sentence but I don't go into it. She starts to cough and I consider asking her if she wants the tank.

"I'm fine." She tells me as she shakes her head. She stops coughing as I continue to make up a story for her. She slowly starts to fall asleep and I smile as I pick her up. She lost a lot of weight in the hospital so she's not that heavy. I kick open the door to Soda's room and he smiles as he sees her.

"She passed out on the couch. I thought she might have less night terrors if she sleeps in here." He nods as I set her down gently and he smiles.

"She broke you." He tells me.

"Get outta here." I try to make him shut up but he just laughs.

"You've never been this gentle with anyone.. not even a broad." He says and I shrug.

"Maybe I don't think of her as a broad anymore. Ever think of that lover boy?" I ask as I hit his head lightly.

"Whatever your excuse is.. She broke you." He shakes his head as he kisses her head. Goddamn the girl. She didn't break me, at least I don't think she did. Fuck.