Sodapop

Soda's P.O.V

Noel faces me and I slightly smile.

"Listen I'm sorry. I know you don't want anyone to take care of you because you're a big bad greaser girl but.. you're my greaser girl." I tell her and she cocks an eyebrow.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather have an innocent little Soc girl?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Why?" She asks another question and I smile.

"There's a difference between and Greaser and a Soc." I tell her and she smiles.

"And what's that?" She questions as she looks down at her feet.

"We have the confidence to do what we want." She looks up at me and nods.

"The person who said that must have been a brilliant minded person huh?" I nod and she laughs.

"She's pretty cute too. Got a little bit of a mouth on her but that just makes her a better kisser." I say.

"You fucking flirt that's how you get all your girls don't you?" She asks and I shrug.

"Only the girl I'm looking at." She shakes her head, smiling as I lean down and kiss her.

"Ew. Love." Two-Bit says, disgusted as he walks past us. Noel lifts her hand and flicks him off as I kiss her forehead.

"Get a room." He groans and she laughs.

"I hope you go to hell." She tells him as she walks over to him.

"Aye! Watch your language you broad!" Dally yells as he jumps the fence and she laughs.

"Make me New Yorker." She orders and I laugh at her comeback. I sit next to her on the porch as everyone goes inside. I put my arm around her and she leans into my side.

"I like you a lot more when you're like this." She tells me and I smile.

"Stay like this please." She pleads quietly and I look at her.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she shakes her.

"My dad used to yell at my mom for almost everything that she tried to do by herself and.. I just don't want that to happen to us." I kiss her forehead as the words spill out of her mouth.

"Never." I whisper, still kissing her forehead.

"I don't believe that promise but it's cute for right now." She whispers back and I laugh quietly.

"You always doubt everything." I whisper and she nods.

"Better to doubt then to believe and then be crushed." She whispers and I look at her green eyes. She smiles and I want to kiss her again.

"I like you... a lot." She tells me quietly and I nod.

"I like you too.. a lot." I tell her as I kiss her again. I hear the door open and I look over to the door and Noel does too.

"Dinner's ready." Dally says and Noel nods.

"I never heard a comeback New Yorker." She says as she stands up and he smirks as I follow her in. I like Noel.. too much.