Sodapop

Sodapops pov

I was asleep on the couch when Darry bursts into the house

"Who is that?" I question,

"Soda, this is Dawn, Noel, Ashton, and Blair, guys this is Soda" says my oh-so-brilliant brother
Damn, I think, Noel is hot.

"So where are they going to bunk," I ask.

"Noel can bunk with me, while I'm in it" I smirk at her

"Well where the hell will pony boy stay kid-brother?" questions Darry.

"The couch." I say. Noel smirks and rolls her eyes at me. God dammit this girl will be the death of me.

Dawn steps up, "We can just stay in one room while y'all stay in a different one" she says tiredly and we all agree to that plan.

I stay up with Noel getting to know her and her sister Blair.

"So where are you two from?" I ask as she looks over at her sleeping sister.

"Here. We were running away but we had to help Dawn.." She explains.

"Wait. What were you running away from?" I ask as she turns her face and I see a bruise.

"Our mom." She says as she shrugs and I can tell I struck a nerve.

"How old are you?" I keep asking her questions and I can almost imagine myself as a sponge, absorbing all the information.

"I'm seventeen. Blair is thirteen."

"Young.. are you?" I smirk and she chuckles.

"Young and dumb." She smiles as she leans toward me a little.

"I love your eyes." I tell her.

"You're such a fucking flirt aren't you? Is this how you get all your girls?" She asks and I laugh.

"No.. Just you."

"Hmmm.. I can't tell if that's an honor or if it's a tragedy."

"It can be anything you want." We were totally and utterly into each other and I thought I might even be able to get a kiss out of the girl before the end of the night but we were interrupted by Dawn's screaming. Noel impulsively runs to the other side of the room and I begin to think about how she can react so easily to these type of situations. Come to think of it me, Darry, and Pony have had a better life than most greasers well, up to the part where ours are dead. At least we were never beaten or forgotten about or anything like their home life's have been and then I realize that I am going to protect these girls with everything I have.