Ashton

Ashton's P.O.V

So.. Apparently a lot happens when you're drunk.. I sit down next to Dally at dinner as everyone comes in the kitchen.

"So how was being hungover?" Dally asks and I roll my eyes.

"Hey babe I'm just kidding." He smiles and I start eating. Noel stands up and eats next to Sodapop because there's not enough room on the table or the couch so she just stands.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit down Noel?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"I'm fine, kid. Sit down and eat." She smiles and I nod.

"So do you remember anything from last night?" Dally whispers and I shrug.

"Barely." I say.

"Well.. What do you remember?" He asks.

"I remember.. Taking some shots and then we started dancing and then we-" I stop myself as I gasp.

"No." He laughs at my panicking.

"I kissed you. Big deal sweetheart." He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe we can go back tonight and.. do something more." He whispers and I shove him as I stand up and walk out of the house. I lit a cigarette as he comes out of the house.

"I don't see the big deal. I-"

"My boyfriend was killed six months ago." I cut him off and he's silent.

"I loved him.. I thought we were going to get married and.." I trail off as I shake my head.

"He got shot and I haven't been ready for a relationship since." I tell him, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I'm sorry Ash.." He sounds sincere but I'm not buying it.

"I'm not just one of your pickups Dallas. I'm just waiting for the right time to go to Montana with my dad."

"Montana?!" He snaps and I nod.

"Are you serious?" He asks and I laugh.

"No i'm not fucking serious." I laugh as I kiss him.

"I never had a boyfriend and my dad left when I was seven." I explain and he shakes his head.

"You're really gullible, you know that?" I ask and he nods.

"So do you want to go to the Dingo again tonight?" He asks.

"Maybe." I answer and he smiles.

"You've never had a boyfriend?" He questions and I shake my head.

"A pure broad... Hard to find round here." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Oh my god." I laugh as he kisses me.

"I'm going back inside to enjoy dinner and then we can go to the Dingo." I tell him.

"Alright." He says as I stomp on the cigarette and then walk back into the house.

"And Dal."

"Yeah?"

"My hair is blonde.. maybe you'd realize if you looked at something a little north to what you were looking at." I smirk as I walk into the house.