Two-Bit

Two-Bits P.O.V

"Hey.. Hey kid. Kid." I lightly pat her head as she groans.

"Two-Bit I will murder you." She whispers and I laugh.

"Well shoot El if I knew you weren't on your special medicine I wouldn't have woken you up." She laughs as she sits up and stretches.

"Why were you sleeping on the couch?" I ask as I sit next to her.

"Me and Soda got into a fight last night." She says.

"Does that mean you and Soda are officially something?" I question and she laughs.

"I don't know.." She shrugs and I copy her making her smile.

"And the tank?" I ask as I point to the oxygen tank.

"My lungs got lazy." She jokes as she pulls the tube out of her nose and turns off the tank.

"I guess we make breakfast." She says and I shake my head.

"Darry said he would do it. Said that he needed to get some 'dad practice in' whatever the hell that means." I tell her and she smiles.

"So when do you think you're ready for.. say a walk over to DX to get a Pepsi?" I ask.

"If you want me to go and face my boyfriend who i'm currently pissed at to get a soda with my friend who is also his friend then I am going to tell you hell yeah." I laugh as we both stand up. We start to walk down to DX but I keep an eye on Noel to make sure that she doesn't get out of breath.

"So anything exciting going on with you?" She asks and I shrug.

"Nothing." I tell her.

"And school?"

"The teachers still hate me so I guess i'm doing something right." She laughs as she takes a deep breath.

"You alright?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah.." I can't tell if that's all she wants to tell me or if that's all she can get out. When we finally get to DX I'm surprised the kid held up that long. Soda looks surprised to see Noel but the look of surprise doesn't last very long.

"Two Pepsi's please." Noel says as she sits down smirking and I can tell she's enjoying this. I sit next to her and laugh.

"You scare me sometimes."

"Really?" She laughs as two girls come in who are obviously Socs.

"Hey can we get a Coke and a Pepsi, please?" One girls asks Soda and I notice Noel tense up.

"Anything for you pretty brown eyes." Soda winks.

"So have you heard any good music lately?" She asks me, turning her back to the Socs and Soda.

"Elvis Presley is pretty tuff." I say and she nods.

"He's in Hawaii right now, right?" She asks.

"Yeah. The closet he ever gets to Oklahoma is Wichita Falls in Texas." I shrug.

"So I'm guessing you two pretty girls have boyfriends.. I mean if I saw a girl like you two who were single.. Well I would like to change that." Soda continues to flirt and I notice Noel's breathing gets close together.

"Are you okay?" I ask her and she nods.

"Well.. She has a boyfriend but I don't." The Soc tells Soda and he catches my stare and smirks.

"Well maybe we could go down to the Nightly Double and-" He's cut off when Noel whips around, grabs his shirt and kisses him.

"Go to hell." She whispers as she pushes him back and then walks out of DX with a smile on her face making me laugh.

"Goddammit." I laugh as I put down a twenty and I follow her.