Dawn

Dawn's P.O.V

Darry comes storming into the room and he starts throwing things to the floor. He starts to scare me as I notice tears coming down his face.

"Baby what's going on?" I ask as I rush over to him.

"Listen to me.. Is there reason our babies won't survive.. or will be born with birth defects?" He asks and I feel something inside me collapse.

"Who told you that?" I ask.

"Blair." He cries and I sigh.

"There is a fifty-fifty chance that we could lose one or both of the babies.. and there's also a chance that one or both could be born with birth defects.." I explain quietly as he cries.

"But does that mean that we wouldn't love them any less? Of course it doesn't because we made these babies and now we have to take care of them." I try to make him look at me but he just cries.

"Look at me.." I plead but he refuses.

"Darry.. I love you will you please look at me?" Not even a glance.

"Look at me goddammit." I snap and he finally looks at me. I grab his hand and place it on my stomach. He sits there in stunned silence.

"These are our children Darry.. we have to love them. We're not going to just dump them in the streets." I whisper as tears fill my eyes.

"I will go through all of the pain of carrying and giving birth of our babies but I want them to be raised in a good community." I tell him.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"It's mean that I don't want them to risk the chance of being shot down just by walking down the street." I admit and he sighs.

"I don't want them to have to run the risk of being raped or attacked or kidnapped.. Darry I want them to have the opposite of my childhood." I add and he looks at the ceiling and then me.

"So what do we have to do?" He asks and I look at the ground.

"We leave all of this..," I gesture to the room around us.

"For a lifetime of this." I finish as I gesture to me stomach.

"Do you understand what i'm saying?" I ask and he nods.

"I understand what you're saying I just don't agree with it but it's for our children.." He smiles as he grabs my hand and I smile back.

We're screwed.