Missing Them

Percy's Point of view

Several months ago the idea of seeing Amber would have made me happy since being with her was one of the things I'd looked forward to most during the months we were together but now it just left me sad and slightly angry since I was forced to stay away from her even though what I wanted more than anything was to be with her and help her raise our son, especially since I knew that it wouldn't be easy for her to raise him on her own. 

Regardless I felt like I had to keep watching her so Luke and Amber would be safe.  Due to that, I Made my mirror show me Luke and almost as soon as I saw him I guessed that he must have just woken up. not long after that though it seemed like he went from still kind of tired to bawling his eyes out in a matter of seconds. As you might expect after Luke started crying Amber entered the room and scooped Luke up in her arms. 

Amber said something that I couldn't hear, and she seemed to be trying to figure out what Luke needed. it wasn't long before she must have figured out what Luke needed since she soon began to breastfeed him. Seeing Amber taking care of Luke with obvious Love and gentleness just confirmed my previous belief that she would be a great mother to him.  What had made me so certain of that? 

It was mainly her kindness and gentleness that made me so certain, personalitywise she kind of reminded me of my mom and I was sure that she would be good to Luke no matter what, and I just wished that I could be there to help her do it. I knew what growing up without a father was like and I would rather my own son not have to go through that too. part of me wanted to return to Amber and if Zeus found out, tell him to go screw himself.

 sure that would definitely piss him off, but I was also pretty sure that I could defeat Zeus if I had to. I would rather avoid that though and I didn't want to risk Zeus finding Amber before I could stop him.  Even if Zeus wasn't a problem there was still the fact that me going back to Amber could lead to monsters finding Luke as well. Especially if Luke found out about what I am and then realised what that made him. 

Since I was sure at that point that Amber and Luke were fine I made the image vanish from the mirror but even after I could no longer see them I didn't stop thinking about them since they were quite often the main thing on my mind.  I wished I could be a proper father for Luke, but my desire to protect him was even stronger than that so I knew I would stay away from him as much as I really didn't want to. 

I kind of looked forward to when I would finally be able to see Luke without having to worry about possibly putting him in danger. but I also knew that by the time that can finally happen Luke might not be too interested in meeting me, after all, I knew how I'd originally felt about my dad before I really got to know him and accepted him. I hoped that when that time finally comes Luke would understand that I just wanted to protect him and accept me despite the fact that I hadn't really been there for him.

 Obviously, I wouldn't know whether he would or not since it would be quite a few years before that was going to happen, after all, he was still just an infant so it would be eleven years at least before that could happen.  All I could really do for now was stay away from Luke and Amber, do what I could to help them, and hope for the best. Maybe Luke would accept me, and maybe someday Amber and I could be together again I would just have to wait and see what happens.