young Love

Luke's Point of view

I was talking to Taylor, We were talking about the capture the flag game that we would be playing later. We found out that we would be on different teams this time, although we usually try to be on the same team. Of course, despite our friendship, we both still wanted to win the game so obviously, we boasted and both claimed that we would make sure our team won. Eventually, we changed the subject and continued talking.

I certainly wasn't expecting what eventually happened but I wasn't complaining either. Seemingly out of the blue Taylor kissed me. I was surprised, to say the least, I hadn't realised that she liked me in that way. More recently I'd come to realise that I had feelings for her, but I hadn't done anything yet to find out if she shared my feelings. I knew my dad had teased me a few times about having feelings for her, but I'd always denied my feelings even after I realised he was right.

Now once I got over my surprise, I responded returning the kiss. I knew hadn't felt anything like this before, in music you hear them say that your first kiss is something you'll never forget, and I was beginning to suspect that they were probably right.

Suddenly we were interrupted when one of Taylor's Half sisters said, "took you two long enough," As we heard her speak we broke the kiss, surprised, but not really concerned about the fact she'd seen us. I knew that once my dad found out about this he would probably tease me yet again since he'd been teasing me about having feelings for Taylor for a while but I'd always denied it, saying he was wrong.

Once Taylor's sister wandered off, our lips eventually met once again. I knew that word of our kiss would probably spread fairly quickly especially once the children of Aphrodite found out about it but honestly that didn't bother me too much since I didn't think we would bother trying to keep it quiet. I knew I liked Taylor a lot, for quite a while we'd just been friends but now I knew we were more than that since we both had romantic feelings for each other.

I eventually learned that she'd had feelings for me for a lot longer than I'd had feelings for her, I was surprised when I eventually learned that she'd apparently had a crush on me even before we first met. Now though we were both aware of our feelings for each other so we were going to see where this would go. obviously, we weren't sure whether a relationship between us would last but I kind of hope that it will since I really do like her.

As time went on after our first kiss we quite often spent time together and would sometimes end up kissing again. Like I'd expected my dad and many of the other campers eventually found out and they would sometimes mention Taylor and my relationship with her but it didn't bother me. Sure my dad's teasing could get annoying at times but since I don't see him al the time, I would put up with it most of the time rather than bringing it up to him.

I may have been angry with my dad when we first met but I was fine with him now, and we had gotten pretty close since then. he would tease me sometimes, but he was also nice and tried to help me out and visit me whenever he could. Christina's death had been hard for me to deal with and Dad had tried to help me deal with it. It still wasn't easy for me to deal with it, but I was doing okay now that it had been a while since she'd died.

I have to admit that Taylor had also helped me to deal with her death and obviously we'd gotten rather close since then. Now I just looked forward to the future, hoping that maybe the war that the new prophecy referred to wouldn't happen anytime soon, preferably a long time from now so I wouldn't have to be a part of it and just have peace for a while.