Little sisters

Luke's point of view
When my dad transported us to the undersea palace that he lives in with my mom and now my sisters I was a bit surprised. Just because I wasn't expecting it. It wasn't that I didn't think he would let me go there, he just did it so suddenly without warning me.
When we reappeared in front of his palace I said slightly annoyed, " You could have warned me,"
My dad replied, " I will next time,"
I  was pretty sure he was slightly amused by my annoyance, but I didn't bother complaining further and started looking around since I had never been there before. I followed my dad inside and continued to look around. The palace was impressive, not quite as impressive as my grandparents' but I'm guessing my parents prefer it that way. Since they hadn't always been gods they weren't as fond of all the luxury that the other gods Prefer.

 That was why their palace had many of the same things that a mortal's home would. There were some more impressive things, for instance, there were coral and pearls decorating it in some places, and it appeared that they did have a throne room, but many of the other areas were simpler than that. We also passed a few nerieds and mermen that I guessed helped out around the palace. 

My dad eventually pushed open a door partway, looked in and then pushed it open the rest of the way. He walked into the room and I followed him in. on one side of the room, my mom sat in a chair holding a baby girl that was obviously one of my little sisters. My mom noticed my dad first before saying, "Emily here decided she was hungry shortly after you left."

My dad just nodded in response. I also noticed that there were two cribs in the room as well as a lot of other baby stuff. I guessed that my other sister Zoe was probably in one of the two cribs. I stepped into view and my mom said, "Luke!"I walked over to her, and we hugged as best we could around my little sister in her arms.

"Can I hold her?"I asked, curious about my new sisters.

My mom nodded and passed Emily to me. When I took her I could see that unlike me she had gotten features from both our parents and since I'd heard that she and Zoe were identical twins I figured that Zoe was the same. Right then, she looked much like a normal mortal baby. I guessed that she wouldn't stay that way for long though since she would eventually be a minor goddess. 

I couldn't help but smile at my little sister, she was pretty cute. I'd never really expected to have siblings since my mom raised me on her own until I went to camp and learned the truth about my dad. Then I'd met Christina who I'd come to think of as an older sister, but she'd died. Then my parents had gotten back together and gotten married. After that I kind of guessed that there was a chance I could get more siblings, I just hadn't expected two at once.

My dad walked over to where my mother still stood, he wrapped an arm around her waist. He smiled at her and quickly pecked her on the lips. Sure it wasn't full out kissing, but it still made me a bit uncomfortable. My mom rested her head on my dad's shoulder. That's when I realized that she had looked a bit tired. My dad kissed the top of her head before saying to her, "Go get some rest, I'll watch them for a while."

Even though my parents being romantic in front of me made me feel a bit uncomfortable, I was happy for them, after all, when I was growing up I could clearly see that my mom wasn't happy, and I had realised that getting back with my dad would make her happy. Now I was just happy that they were happy. When my mom fell asleep with her head on my dad's shoulder he used his powers to send her back to their bedroom.

Smiling with a hint of amusement on his face My dad walked toward me and said, "Let's see if this one will stay asleep for a while." Knowing it was her he was referring to I passed Emily to him, and he got her to fall asleep and kissed her forehead before setting her in one of the cribs.

Seeing him do that made me wonder about the one time he had visited me when I was a baby, had he done that for me? A hint of jealousy also went through me. for most of my childhood, I'd known almost nothing about my father other than what my mother was willing to tell me, and some of those things eventually ended up being lies. Dad hadn't been a part of my life until I was twelve, but my sisters would know him their entire lives. It's not that I didn't want them to know him, I just hadn't been able to until I got to camp.

My thoughts must have shown on my face because my dad asked me, "Luke what's wrong?"

I didn't answer right away since I didn't know how to answer him. I felt guilty for what I had been thinking about, how could I tell him what I had just been thinking. Finally, I just told him since I didn't know what else to do. After I had admitted to what I had just been thinking my dad walked over to me and wrapped me up in a fatherly hug. Even though he had apologized before he said, "Luke I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you were growing up, I wanted nothing more than to be there, but I couldn't. When I left your mother I hated myself for it, leaving the two of you went against everything I always thought right, but I also knew that if I stayed I could have been putting you both in even more danger,

I visited you that day because I couldn't bring myself to not see you, as your father, I wanted to know as much as I could about you, I wanted to know what you looked like, and so many other things I just couldn't force myself to stay away,

That night I did much the same for you as I just did for your sister, I held you for a while getting a good look at you, and then you grabbed my shirt, and after I got you to let go you grabbed one of my fingers, I'm starting to wonder if you somehow knew what I am to you, and just didn't want me to leave.

Much to my surprise you never cried once during my visit, and after a while, I managed to get you to fall back to sleep and left since I couldn't risk being caught. Just because I wasn't there for the first part of your life doesn't mean I don't care about you, you are just as important to me and your mother as your sisters are, never forget that. you always have been important to me, and you always will be.

I thanked him and hugged him, we talked for a while before my dad sent me back to camp. I don't think having little sisters is going to be that bad, besides they'll grow up quickly.