First Encounter

This takes place during the second book, so if you haven't read that I suggest you read it first.

Percy's point of view

I had just got back to my palace after visiting Luke for the first time since he found out the truth about me. I expected that he would be angry at first because I had left Amber to care for him on her own. All these years away from them had been difficult for me, because I never stopped loving Amber, and worrying about Luke.

I'm sure that if I had been any other god I probably wouldn't have tolerated Luke yelling at me the way he had. But his anger was justified. I had left him and his mother alone, and since Amber couldn't tell Luke the real reason why I had left he had probably just assumed that I had just been a jerk who hadn't cared about them. So I let him yell until he had finished and then I explained to him why I had done what I had done, and answered all the questions he asked me.

When he interrupted me a couple times I started to get the feeling that he had gotten more of my traits than Amber's. I hadn't planned on having demigod children but Luke had happened, and I know that I will do everything I can to keep him safe and avoid him going through what I went through. I was surprised when just before I left Luke ran over to me and hugged me and said he had forgiven me. I would have thought that it would have taken him longer to forgive me, Hades it had taken me a couple summers before I had completely accepted dad.

As all those thoughts went through my head I heard a knock on the door. it seemed a bit late to have a visitor now, but nonetheless I said, "Come in."

I looked up to see my father walking toward me. He sat down across from me and asked ,"So how did the first visit go?" 

I asked, "How do you know that I've gone already?"

he rolled his eyes before saying, "Because I know you, and I know that you wouldn't stay away from him any longer than you had to."

in response to his question I said, " it went better than I was expecting."

  He said, "Oh?"

I answered, "Yeah he was angry at first, but he got over it surprisingly quickly. Once his anger passed I answered all his questions..." 

"Like what?" he asked.

 I shrugged and said, "well he asked the typical questions..."

"Why did you leave? Why weren't you ever there?" he stated listing off a couple.

In response I sighed and said, "Yep pretty much."

"What did you tell him?" he asked me.

  in response I said, "I told him the truth, I said that I had no choice but to leave, and that I would have been there for him if I could have. I also told him that I did help, but I had to do it indirectly."  my dad nodded. I continued and said, "he asked why everyone he had met at camp were surprised by his name, guess I should have seen that one coming."

my dad chuckled and then said, "Yes you probably should have."

I told him that Luke had asked me  who had given him his sword.  I said, "He's not stupid, after what we had talked about before that, he obviously figured out that it was either me or someone I trusted who gave it to him."

while smirking  at me my dad said, "Well he must have got that from his mother then."

 I said, "Hey!"

 he chuckled and then said, "just teasing son." 

 I let his comment pass , and then he said,  "So you told him about me then?" 

I nodded and said, "I told him that it was you who gave him his sword, and that he shouldn't be surprised if you visit him. " 

he nodded, and I said with slight amusement, "he also asked if I had any other demigod children besides him and Christina."

 Instead of being amused like I was my dad asked, "Do you?"

 I sighed before saying, "No Dad I don't, if I did I probably would have told you." 

 I continued talking to my dad for a while, still surprised by how quickly Luke had accepted me. Eventually though my dad left leaving me still thinking about Luke and Amber, and my life so far.