Interrupted

Percy's Point of view

Amber and I suddenly heard a knock on our bedroom door, I cursed since I assumed that it was one or both of the twins. I knew the twins wouldn't have heard what we were doing, but If they opened that door they would see something that they definitely shouldn't see considering what we had been doing. Amber and I moved so we were lying beside each other rather than the positions we'd been in before. With little more than a thought, the nightclothes we'd previously been wearing were back on, and any evidence of what we'd been doing was gone.

We'd done it just in time since the door opened moments afterward revealing Emily. Amber went to take care of her and I was sure that Amber and I would finish what we were doing once Emily was asleep again, It was getting pretty late but that didn't make much difference to us since gods don't need sleep as badly as mortals do. You could probably say that Amber and I have less time for each other since the twins can be a handful, but I'm not complaining.

Amber and I do try to make time for each other but it can be hard at times since the twins are often looking for one thing or another and practically the only time we have together is at night when they're asleep and sometimes like that night they would interrupt us even then. The twins are growing fairly quickly though so before too long they will be able to do more things for themselves. I'm not complaining, I love the twins, our two beautiful little girls. Not to mention that Zoe seems to have become a daddy's girl so she comes to me for almost everything. My children are the most important people to me with Amber being a close second.

Amber and I may not get as much time to ourselves but we can live with that I love the twins and raising the twins has been an amazing experience, it was one I had wanted to be able to experience for a while now, and now I was finally able to experience that.

Sure I had tried to be there for Luke but I hadn't been able to be there for him as much as I would have liked, the only somewhat disappointing thing was that the twins would grow up quickly so it wouldn't be long before the twins would be grown up and out on their own. I'm happy with how my life has turned out, I may have lost people along the way and although I do miss them I know there isn't anything I can do about that. You can't bring people back to life, or at least not without the consent of the entire Olympian council.

Amber Eventually returned after she got Emily back in bed and asleep. When she reentered our bedroom she told me what Emily had wanted before getting back into our bed. Even though she did that I could tell she wasn't ready to sleep just yet. The look in her eyes told me everything I needed to know, but what I already suspected was confirmed when she said seductively, "How about we pick up where we left off?"

I agreed since we had kind of been in the middle of something when Emily interrupted us. After I answered her we resumed what we'd been doing before. We didn't get much sleep that night, but honestly, we didn't really care since we don't have as much time just for each other these days due to the fact that most of our time is focused on either the twins or our duties as gods. Due to that, we have to take all the time we can get together.