Coming of Age

Percy's point of view

we were gathered in the throne room, but we weren't there for a meeting, we were there because the twins had finished growing, and they would now receive their domains. Even some of the minor gods were there if only out of curiosity to find out what domains Emily and Zoe would receive. 

  I may be the god of time but sometimes it still seems like my domain goes by way too fast. It doesn't seem that long ago that the twins were born, and now they were basically adults and are about to receive their domains. The fates appeared in the room. I could see nervousness seep through Zoe and Emily's expressions so I sent them a reassuring smile. And then they, somewhat hesitantly approached the three Morai.

The fates announced that Zoe was the goddess of trust, and Emily was the goddess of Honesty. In the days following that day they began training. They learned how to use their powers and trained with weapons, like me they were best with a sword but they did learn how to use other weapons as well including bows, spears and daggers. They would certainly be well equipped if they ever needed to defend themselves, especially once they learn how to use all their powers.

While I was certainly proud of them it also felt like they had grown up way too fast. One day they were like newborn babies and now they have their domains and are learning to control them. Next thing I know they'll be dating someone and I'll have grandkids, I quickly shoved that thought aside I wasn't going to think about that I was still too young to even be thinking about that. That wasn't going to happen anytime soon, or at least I hoped not.

Soon Zoe and Emily will be visiting camp Half blood and camp Jupiter in order to introduce themselves. I'm sure that at least camp half blood has probably already heard of them but Camp Jupiter probably hasn't since although I have been visiting both camps every so often I haven't exactly been bragging about the twins so not everyone knows about them yet.

I'm guessing that the campers will be rather surprised to learn of the twins since they wouldn't be expecting to hear about more new goddesses even if they are just minor ones, not to mention that said new goddesses are my daughters. I was sure that the demigods would be surprised, at least now Annabeth seems to have moved on so she probably won't make too much of a fuss about it.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to her but I'm pretty sure she is with someone else and that's a relief for me since she isn't bugging me to take her back anymore. She stopped that a little while before I married Amber I guess the fact that I had a son was enough to make her realize that she wouldn't get me back so she finally let herself move on. Regardless I was happy so far things had been peaceful and we hadn't had too many meetings so other than taking care of the twins and our domains so Amber and I had a fair amount of time to ourselves.