Five Months

Amber's point of view

I am now five months pregnant, and it's quite obvious that I'm pregnant. I can't hide it like I used to be able to.  Being pregnant is not fun, first, there's morning sickness, then there's the cravings sometimes for foods that I absolutely hate, and then there's the mood swings. One minute I might be happily talking to my best friend, then I might snap at her for something that wouldn't usually bother me that much. 
Not that long ago I decided I wanted to find out the sex of my baby. It would make it easier to prepare for the baby if I knew what I was having. So today I have an appointment to find out.  When I went to my appointment my friend Sarah went with me for support. I was grateful for her support, but I couldn't help but think that I would have rathered have Percy by my side for this.

When I sat down in the waiting room I couldn't  help but notice that basically everyone in the room were couples, this just made me feel uncomfortable, and think about Percy even more. When I was called in Sarah was allowed to come in with me so I did have some support.  I laid down on the bed, and I felt the familiar cold sensation as the gel was rubbed over my stomach.   The doctor checked for my baby's heartbeat after they found it a mix of emotions shot through me, relief at knowing that my baby was still healthy, but also fresh nerves at the prospect of being a mother.

The doctor soon showed me that I would be having a boy.  To be honest, the sex didn't matter to me, I would have been happy with either I just wanted to know so it would be easier to choose a name and prepare. Before he left Percy had tried to reassure me that I would be a great mother, but I hadn't quite been able to bring myself to believe him. As we drove back to my apartment I found myself voicing my concerns to Sarah. 

Like Percy, had she tried to reassure me that I would be a great mother, pointing out some of my personality traits that she believed would help me be a good mother. After what she had said I pushed my concerns aside for now. I know that no matter what happens I will do everything I can to raise my son well. I will love him and care for him, maybe when he is older he will get to meet Percy.