Daddy's little girl

Amber's point of view
I watched as my daughters happily played together. Right now I'm not sure if my life could get more perfect. Well, I suppose it would be better if we didn't have a prophecy hanging over our heads, but other than that our life is pretty much perfect. I never thought that Percy and I would ever actually get married or have more children. After Percy left me before Luke was born I had pretty much assumed that our relationship was over even though I did hang onto a little hope that maybe it wasn't.

Much to my delight, my dreams had come true two years ago when Percy came back to me, proposed and then later we were married.  I smiled as I saw that my husband had returned, he had gone to help a demigod who was in a tough situation and took them to Camp Half-Blood. When the twins saw that Percy had returned Zoe ran over to him shouting, "Daddy!"

Percy smiled at her looking a bit amused since he hadn't been gone that long. He picked her up smiling at her, I still wasn't sure how I could have possibly been luckier than when I met Percy, he was the perfect man, kind, caring, loyal, and although he hadn't been able to be there for most of Luke's childhood, he had proven to be an amazing father. I knew he loved me and our children, I also wasn't very surprised when Zoe seemed to become a daddy's girl.  

In truth when was her age and for most of my childhood, I had been one too. My father had been a teacher, he'd taught eighth-grade math. He'd helped me when I'd been going to school since math had been the subject I found hardest. I had eventually decided to follow a similar path except I'd become a history teacher since history was a subject that I'd always found interesting. 

I guessed that although he's no longer alive he probably would have been proud of everything I'd achieved. I'd started college the fall after I finished high school some courses were harder than others but I had managed to pass them all and earn my teaching degree. It was a few years after I finished college before I got an actual teaching job but I'd eventually done it and I'd enjoyed it. 

Despite that, I'd still been willing to leave that all behind so I could be with Percy. I think he would have liked Percy if he'd had the chance to meet him, after all, I think they would have had some qualities in common. My father was a kind, caring, and gentle man, much like Percy is. Despite all the time that's passed since his death thinking about my father for too long still upsets me. As I was thinking about my father my face must have saddened because Percy looked at me and asked, "What's wrong?"

I cracked a smile when I saw that Zoe was up on Percy's shoulders, yep definitely a daddy's girl. My previous emotions must have still shown on my face because Percy gave me a questioning look and helped Zoe get down from her perch. I heard him tell her to go play with her sister for a little while so I knew he was concerned about me and felt like we should talk about it. When Zoe reluctantly did as he asked and went to join Emily he once again looked at me and asked, "Amber what's wrong?"

I sighed and said, "I was thinking about my father, it's been so long since he died but somehow it still hurts sometimes,"

he gave me a sympathetic look and said, "I can't exactly relate to what you're dealing with, I've experienced grief  sure, but the only thing that I've gone through that is  closest to what you are dealing with was when Hades took my mom hostage since at first, I didn't realize that she was still alive. I'm not going to pretend that I've had to deal with that pain for years, but ever since Christina died I've dealt with something similar.

 I've lost close friends, and now my daughter. I know we have the twins now but her death still hurts. I know that losing a parent is difficult, and I don't know if the pain ever really goes away.  I'm not certain but I think you can find some comfort in knowing that he's no longer suffering and is in a better place since if he was as good a man as you say he was he might just be in Elysium," 

Silence fell between us as I was trying to regain my composure.  Once I had I said, "Seeing you with Zoe reminded me of how he and I used to be when I was a kid,"

"You were a daddy's girl," Percy guessed based on how fond of him Zoe was. 

I nodded before saying, "I think that if he had been alive when we met he would have liked you, you have some things in common, although he probably would have been angry when you had to leave me,"

Percy nodded before saying that's understandable, any parent would be mad when their child is hurt the way I hurt you...

 I was going to try and stop him from saying what I guessed he would say next but he got the words out before I did. He said, I may not have wanted to hurt you but I still did and I regret that,"

I said, "Stop worrying about that, it's in the past we are back together again and we are happy. It doesn't bother me so let it go,"

He nodded although I wasn't sure if he would actually stop regretting that or if he was just trying to reassure me. While I hoped he would stop regretting that I couldn't force him too so that was something he would have to do himself. either way, I wasn't sure if I could be any happier than I was here being with Percy and raising our beautiful daughters. Eventually, we would probably have at least one more child since I was pretty sure that we both wanted to have more. 

Without all the misery beforehand giving birth was something I could tolerate, sure it hurt but it was worth it in the end. Now that Percy had proven himself to be an amazing father that was, even more reason to have another child. we would wait for a while though since we are still raising the twins. While I was still daydreaming about our future together  I kissed Percy, we continued, the kiss growing more heated until we eventually stopped and just cuddled on the couch.