What if? 2

A/N Like the previous what if scenario  this didn't actually happen it's just an idea I got and I thought I'd put it in this book.

Percy's point of view

I was lost in thought, but I was suddenly torn from my thoughts when I sensed that Amber had gone into labour I wasn't sure how I knew that she had, but obviously that told me she would soon give birth to our child.  I had mixed emotions about being a father, after all, I was worried about what our son would have to face when he gets older since he would be a demigod. Not to mention that I wouldn't be able to be there to help Amber raise him.

I was also kind of happy and excited since I'd always wanted to have children eventually. I was also sad that I couldn't stay with Amber and help her raise our son.  I never stopped loving Amber, the fact that I can't be with her pains me every day.  once I sensed that she'd gone into labour I knew I wouldn't be able to bring myself to leave her to go through it on her own. 

Not caring what Zeus would think if he found out I went to the hospital where I knew Amber was. As I walked through the building  Doctors and nurses tried to stop me, but I manipulated the mist and made them leave me alone. once I reached the room Amber was in I got the doctors to let me in by admitting that I was the father of  Amber's child. I think they must have asked Amber if she wanted me there before they finally let me in.

Not long after I entered the room Amber let out a shriek of pain.  I hated seeing her in pain, but I knew that there wasn't anything I could do to ease it since even I knew that giving birth was a painful process. I walked over to her bedside, I took one of her hands in mine and used my other hand to brush a strand of her beautiful blonde hair out of her face. I could tell she was surprised to see me, but I thought she was also pleased.  I said, "It'll be alright, I'm here."

although I'm not sure I think my being there helped her, I stayed there with her as her pain only increased, I wished there was something I could do to make it easier for her but I couldn't think of anything, after all the only thing I thought of might hurt her or the baby rather than helping and I didn't want to risk that. Hours passed before finally, she let out one last cry of pain and along with her cry I heard those of our newborn son. 

How I felt at that moment was hard to describe. the doctors cut the umbilical cord before they cleaned our son off and then wrapped him in blankets. when I got to hold him a mix of emotions shot through me, the strongest was probably love for my son, the adorable baby boy that Amber and I had created. Along with that love though were several other emotions some stronger than others.

For one I was sad that I wouldn't be able to stay with Amber to help her raise our son. I was also worried about what he would eventually have to face when he got older. Lastly, I was kind of angry. I was angry that the ancient laws that prevented me from being there for those I cared about most. and I was also angry at Zeus for coming up with the laws in the first place. 

As I held my son I could see a light fuzz of black hair on his head, it wasn't hard for me to know where he had gotten that from since it appeared to be the same shade as my own. Like most newborns, we didn't know yet what eye color he would have since most newborns have blue eyes until their true eye color comes in when they get older. 

After giving Amber a quick peck on the lips I said, "You did it."

Amber smiled before saying, "I'm glad you came," 

I replied, "I couldn't leave you alone for this,"

As she held our Newborn son I could tell Amber was tired, and probably also sore but despite that she smiled brightly as she looked at our son and the love she felt for him was obvious on her face. she glanced at me for a moment and said, "He's going to look like you," 

I smiled slightly. Although we couldn't know for sure yet what colour his eyes would be it certainly looked like he was taking after me when it came to his appearance. When one of the doctors came over and asked what we were going to name him I let Amber answer since I wasn't sure what name she had decided on. When she chose the name I'd suggested I couldn't help but smile since I'd been hoping she would choose it although I knew she had every right to choose something else considering that I wasn't really going to be a part of Luke's life until he's a teenager.

I stayed for as long as I could before I eventually left with immense pain in my heart since I would be forced to stay away from the woman I loved and our son. sure I would continue to watch over them, and I would try and help them indirectly, but my heart ached to be with the woman I loved and our son but with difficulty, I ignored it, returned to Olympus and tried to act like nothing had happened. 

The New God Series Shorts and One Shots.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें